PDA

View Full Version : removing the fuseable links?

shelbyplaya
02-06-2008, 11:37 AM
anyone got a step by step/chart for doing this?

i've got an 89 T2 harness and i want to replace the fuseable links with a fuse block from a 90 daytona TBI car. my goal here is to clean up the engine bay a bit and make it easy to replace the fuses if/when they blow. can i also use the relays that come in the block on this converion as well?

thanks in advance for the help

DodgeZ
02-06-2008, 11:40 AM
anyone got a step by step/chart for doing this?

i've got an 89 T2 harness and i want to replace the fuseable links with a fuse block from a 90 daytona TBI car. my goal here is to clean up the engine bay a bit and make it easy to replace the fuses if/when they blow. can i also use the relays that come in the block on this converion as well?

thanks in advance for the help

I need to do the same in my GLHS. I have a draw some that kills my battery. I am guessing I am going to find it on one of the fuseable links

Turbodave
02-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Russ Knize used to have some of that info on his minimopar site. However when I went to pull it up his site appears to be down. I know he's been working on some things, so hopefully it's only temporary.

iTurbo
02-06-2008, 12:43 PM
I have a power distribution center in my Shelby Lancer, but I swapped the entire underhoood harness with one from a '91 Lebaron GTC to get it. The PDC houses more than just fuses, there are a lot of relays in there too.

tryingbe
02-07-2008, 04:22 PM
http://web.archive.org/web/20070112233036/minimopar.knizefamily.net/electrical-links.html

minigts
02-09-2008, 12:07 AM
http://web.archive.org/web/20070112233036/minimopar.knizefamily.net/electrical-links.html

That is the resource I used when I went to a fuse block. Great info and helps to show what needs to be what.

I'm looking for another alternative to what I have now, but I ended up using a block out of a dodge Dakota, like mid-90's. The main power wires plug directly in like the fuseable link wire does and the relays are REALLY common. I was able to do everyone on mine for like $30 because all the fuses were in the relay box when I bought it from the parts yard.

This is a big picture, but you can see the bottom of the block. http://www.interactivetrainers.com/car/electrical/bottom.jpg

The wires on the left are the fuseable links and the ones on the right are the relays. Yes, I moved all the relays there as well. Starter, coolant fan and one other...not sure. Whatever was on the strut tower, it was moved. Just take your time when you do it though and be sure to secure all the wires right, i.e., solder or very good crimp connectors with heat shrink tubing. It's time consuming, but worth it if anything goes out.

BF/STOCKER SPIRIT
02-09-2008, 02:32 PM
GREAT LINK TRYINGBE, USED IT WHEN THE SPIRITS ,WIRES FLAMED UP, OOPS! THE MAIN RED WIRE ,GOING TO THE SEMEC, I PUT A 30amp BREAKER (FROM LOCAL MARINE PLACE) in between,So If It does it again, the breaker,just pops!