PDA

View Full Version : TBI cal's???

moparzrule
02-05-2008, 05:46 PM
Anybody have any TBI codes out there? I need a 90' sbec 2.5L tbi base cal, just want to mess around with timing and fuel to get some more power out of it. I know I got a ton more out of boost power by adding a good bit of timing in the part throttle -20 to 0'' vacuum in my turbo car.
I can send my sbec to somebody if they have the capability to get the chip out whole and read it making a base code for it. It would be great to still have the CEL flash on knock too.

ShelGame
02-05-2008, 10:56 PM
I think I have that one somehwere. I even looked at it a little. But, it's nowhere near as documented as the turbo stuff...

moparzrule
02-05-2008, 11:04 PM
Thats OK rob, I'll take anything!!!

ShelGame
02-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Here it is. I didn't come close to finishing this dis-assy or table file. But, it's what I have.

If you want an explanation about how the 3D stuff works, just let me know.

moparzrule
02-06-2008, 09:12 AM
Thanks Rob, it's a good start. Do you know which tables are for the timing (part and full, is there a no throttle table?) and fuel (full and part throttle)? They all same signed or unsigned table but they all have numbers.

ShelGame
02-06-2008, 10:32 AM
The timing and fuel are 3D tables. Part and idle are the same table, WOT gets it's own table. Plus, the RPM and MAP signals go thru a transfer function before being fed into the 3D table. The MAP table is not linear at P/T, making things even more difficult. On the other hand, there is a single value to determine the target A/F - it's at #84C9 (It's not in the table file I sent, you'll have to add it; I was just comparing the TBI to the T3 and found it). It's not exactly the same as the T3 usage, but should have the same effect - reduce that value to lean it out, increase it to richen it up. I may re-post those files; now that I've got a good handle on the T3 stuff, the TBI looks simpler to me than it did when I first ran that dis-assy...

moparzrule
02-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Cool. I'll probably wait for you to get that all done. It sure is confusing right now, but looks like it's not real difficult to understand given some time learning it. I'm in no real hurry, the shadow is taking priority at the moment, once I get that back on the road and the bugs worked out I'll put the Dakota down for a little fun with it.

Vigo
02-06-2008, 07:42 PM
fyi tbi's dont have a knock sensor.

id like to see someone do something with this.

before i took my aries apart, i know it could have used some fuel tuning, based on the fact that leaving the thermostat out seemed to add 15hp. heheh.

when i put one back in, the difference between cold and hot performance was huge.

somebody should put some dyno time and see if advancing the cam a few degrees would help, since with the stock throttle body and intake manifold its pointless to rev past 4800 rpm. might as well get the most low rpm power as possible if we're not gonna do serious work on the induction parts.

moparzrule
02-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Yeah I've been talking it over with Brian and Rob, basically it's really worth going to MPI N/A setup using turbo electronics except cutting the fuel way back.
It may be what I do, but problem is this is for a Dakota and stock intakes won't work because the 90* elbow would be in the firewall. Basically I need to chop off the 90, weld a flat plate on there, and then cut a hole in the opposite side and mount a TB there. It's almost the only way unless I cut a hole right in the front middle of the intake, which actually isn't a reall bad idea now that I'm thinking about it as all 4 ports might get equal distribution air then.