PDA

View Full Version : 6g75 MIVEC Heads Questions

nmw2006
02-05-2008, 01:21 PM
Something that Ondonti mentioned in another thread has really been turning over in my mind.

See last post in "Will 3000GT shortblock work?" thread.

He mentioned that an interesting project would be to put 6g75 MIVEC heads on our 3.0L.

Since I already have way too much money sunk in a turbo 3.0L project for my Spirit R/T this has the gears rolling in my head. :nod:

I have been researching this topic for quite a while, and so far I have come up with the following:

Our engine is a 3.0L, the 6g75 is a 3.8L, but I have not found any compatibility issues so far....

Since MIVEC is a self-contained (inside the head) system, no extra computers or hardware would be necessary.

And many other things that i do not feel like saying without knowing more about the 6g75...:yuck:

So basically what I want to know is if this project is actually feasible without any MAJOR engine or shortblock mods.

Anyone with experience with this engine feel free to chime in because I am very interested in attempting this project. (I might even have a pair of heads to play with in the near future:eyebrows:)

Thanks in Advance,
Nate

Ondonti
02-18-2008, 04:43 AM
What do you mean though.

you will have timing belt problems and the mivec heads belong on a 6g75 block with the BIG bore.
Its a difficult project.

But they will bolt up.

I am just checking this section because no 3.0 peeps deserve a lack of high fives... otherwise not visiting this site unless someone links me or a friend posts something.

Read these for ideas
mivec thread
http://www.3si.org/forum/showthread.php?t=405062&highlight=6g75

There are a bunch of other threads on that site if you search. I cant answer many questions.

You will need control of the MIVEC cams or else you will not take advantage of the increase cam profile in higher rpms.

The job is totally possible but you would have an insane amount of work ahead of you (basically fabbing exhaust headers, fitting intake manifolds, oil filter relocation?, engine management. All that good stuff).
Then think if you want badass pistons or if you want to chance yourself on those pretty high compression pistons. (or run mild boost or medium boost with meth injection)