PDA

View Full Version : Filter Magnet - Filtermag

badandy
02-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Has anyone ever run one of these?
http://filtermag.com/
I had checked into one a long time ago and for some reason never bought one...but recently I got back onto this idea after seeing a slight bit of material on my magnetic oil drain plug.

It seems like a great product for tubocharged applications. With the majority of us rebuilding/breaking in new motors or still running the pee out of our high mileage stockers...I'm amazed that I hadn't seen more of us with them?

Check it out for yourself...I'm impressed:nod:

MiniMopar
02-04-2008, 06:16 PM
These have been around for a while. While they will only help with ferrous metals, they do work. I used one for a while but it eventually fell off. It made black rectangles of fine material on the inside of the can. This one uses neodymium magnets, which will probably not demagnetize and fall off like the one I had did. Make sure you remove the magnet after you remove the filter.

badandy
02-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Yeah, they have come a long way with the magnets...besides you could always use some good zip ties for assurance.

Greedy
02-04-2008, 08:44 PM
I have used them for years on my cars(1 was a turbo dodge, that I no longer own).
I have also never cut one open to see what it actually picks up.Next oil change I may just cut one open just for kicks.
I would use one on a fresh engine for added insurance.