PDA

View Full Version : Decals for 86 GLH-T

omni_840
02-04-2008, 10:44 AM
I was wondering if anyone has the font or layout for the decals for a 86 GLH-T. I want to cut some custom color decals and was hoping someone could help me out?

Thanks

Turbodave
02-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Talk to Dave at Positive Impressions www.unleashedbyshelby.com

He sells an accurate reproduction of the decals (the ones on ebay aren't even close), and he's usually willing to do custom colors and layouts.

cordes
02-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Read through the following thread for some good info on the subject.

omni_840
02-05-2008, 10:39 PM

He sells an accurate reproduction of the decals (the ones on ebay aren't even close), and he's usually willing to do custom colors and layouts.

Thats cool but I wan't to cut these myself. (we got a really nice decal cutter for work) I don't plan on making these for sale just personal.

omni_840
02-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Read through the following thread for some good info on the subject.

What thread?

cordes
02-06-2008, 06:54 PM
What thread?

Sorry about that. Read this one. http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18073

LaserXT1986
02-06-2008, 09:01 PM

Or better yet, support someone who is on TM!!!

PM "devlish" on here, his name is Kurt Check, and he has this file already cleaned up. While I don't think he would give the actual files away (few would, as it takes a good deal of time to properly clean up, scale, and prepare the artwork), he can at least help get you a set at a great price.

If I am not mistaken, these are NOT just cut vinyl, but actually printed vinyl as they have a black outline. Myself and Kurt both own the machines to do this kind of work, but I know Kurt already has cleaned up these files. He is a truly great guy to deal with :thumb::thumb::thumb:

PS: The font used is not like one you can find online. While there are fonts that are "close", the one used is a modification of the font

omni_840
02-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Sorry about that. Read this one. http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18073

Thats ok, Thanks

omni_840
02-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Or better yet, support someone who is on TM!!!

I wouldn't mind to support someone on here but as I said I would like to cut these myself as they are not going to be reproductions

PM "devlish" on here, his name is Kurt Check, and he has this file already cleaned up. While I don't think he would give the actual files away (few would, as it takes a good deal of time to properly clean up, scale, and prepare the artwork), he can at least help get you a set at a great price. I guess it is a stretch to ask someone for there cut files. I guess I'll just take some pics of my original decals and clean them up myself. But if I decide to get replicas I will definately get them from him (what do you think he would charge?)

PS: The font used is not like one you can find online. While there are fonts that are "close", the one used is a modification of the font
Yeah I guess I'll just scan the pics and clean them up so the font will be accurate.

Thanks for all your advice!

LaserXT1986
02-07-2008, 02:00 AM
I wouldn't mind to support someone on here but as I said I would like to cut these myself as they are not going to be reproductions. I guess it is a stretch to ask someone for there cut files. I guess I'll just take some pics of my original decals and clean them up myself. But if I decide to get replicas I will definately get them from him (what do you think he would charge?)

Not sure but he is a great guy, trust me on this. Also, you have to realize that most people won't just "give away" their cleaned up artwork (Not speaking for Kurt, however...).

For example, I took NS1 decals of the turbo, turbo z, and shelby z. I cleaned them up so exact that when my printed decals on clear, are laid on top of the clear NS1 ones, they are EXACT (within a .005" tolerance). I have close to 9 hours of total cleanup involved in perfecting the files to be "EXACT" (and I mean EXACT). It's nothing personal to anyone, but I wouldn't just "send that file out" for someone else to use. I'd gladly do a reproduction decal at a very fair price, but not release the artwork.

Yeah I guess I'll just scan the pics and clean them up so the font will be accurate.

Thanks for all your advice!

No problem...what software are you running? I might be able to offer some tips on the scan/vectorization process to help minimize your cleanup.

omni_840
02-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Not sure but he is a great guy, trust me on this. Also, you have to realize that most people won't just "give away" their cleaned up artwork (Not speaking for Kurt, however...).

For example, I took NS1 decals of the turbo, turbo z, and shelby z. I cleaned them up so exact that when my printed decals on clear, are laid on top of the clear NS1 ones, they are EXACT (within a .005" tolerance). I have close to 9 hours of total cleanup involved in perfecting the files to be "EXACT" (and I mean EXACT). It's nothing personal to anyone, but I wouldn't just "send that file out" for someone else to use. I'd gladly do a reproduction decal at a very fair price, but not release the artwork.

Yeah I totally understand on not wanting to send the files that you worked very hard on (I probally wouldn't do it either:D)

No problem...what software are you running? I might be able to offer some tips on the scan/vectorization process to help minimize your cleanup.
I working with LXi 8 Software and any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks again

devlish
02-07-2008, 04:03 PM
thanks dave! and yes, i've got the GLH-T files setup already in my system. i print the black border, just like the factory did. i have done a few custom color sets for other people in the past, rare but i have.

sorry, but i'm not in the business of giving away my cleaned up files, becuase as dave said, i have time into them. not interested in selling them either. sorry.

i will, however, be more than happy to give you a price on whatever custom colors you want. PM me with the colors, base color and outline color (normally tomato red base w/ black outline) and i'll get you a price based on your colors, as some are priced differently.

rest assured, my prices are VERY fair to other TM members, and the quality is topnotch!! turbodave will attest to this, as i've done many things for him personally and sdac-chicago now as well. i even do a lot of decals for cindy down at FWD, replicas as well as inhouse fwd stuff only.

thanks and i hope this helps!
kurt

omni_840
02-07-2008, 10:16 PM
thanks dave! and yes, i've got the GLH-T files setup already in my system. i print the black border, just like the factory did. i have done a few custom color sets for other people in the past, rare but i have.

sorry, but i'm not in the business of giving away my cleaned up files, becuase as dave said, i have time into them. not interested in selling them either. sorry.

i will, however, be more than happy to give you a price on whatever custom colors you want. PM me with the colors, base color and outline color (normally tomato red base w/ black outline) and i'll get you a price based on your colors, as some are priced differently.

rest assured, my prices are VERY fair to other TM members, and the quality is topnotch!! turbodave will attest to this, as i've done many things for him personally and sdac-chicago now as well. i even do a lot of decals for cindy down at FWD, replicas as well as inhouse fwd stuff only.

thanks and i hope this helps!
kurt
As I've said I realize its a stretch to ask someone to give away there files nor do I expect them to.

Well what are your prices on a set of replicas for the GLHT?

Thanks for the insight