PDA

View Full Version : General: I need a MINT G-body sunroof before Carlisle!

Lotashelbys
02-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Anyone have an NOS or MINT used Daytona factory sunroof that there would part with? I need one for my red 91 Daytona Shelby to good along with all the rest of the perfect parts I have been gathering for 08 Carlisle. This car might be the the invitational building and it has to be like perfect if it ends up getting in there. I would like to see pics if you have a used one as I am gonna be very picky on this one. LMK what you have.......

Xtrempickup
02-04-2008, 12:18 AM
kinda strange to make invitational when it wasn't factory built that way. arent the cars in invitational building usually restos or original stock cars and some rarity builds like the PPG pace car etc

Lotashelbys
02-04-2008, 01:26 AM
kinda strange to make invitational when it wasn't factory built that way. arent the cars in invitational building usually restos or original stock cars and some rarity builds like the PPG pace car etc

Hmm,dont sound like you have a sunroof to offer. If you dont like that idea then maybe I will just put it out on the line and see if it will do worth a sh!t there instead.......

TopDollar69
02-04-2008, 04:57 PM
I think DC Turismo had one out of a super low mileage 85 Turbo Z that was in a flood, you might try contacting him.

Hemlock
02-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Hmm,dont sound like you have a sunroof to offer. If you dont like that idea then maybe I will just put it out on the line and see if it will do worth a sh!t there instead.......

Boy, you're a little sensitive aren't you?

LaserXT1986
02-04-2008, 05:26 PM

Wow......Considering people like Xtrempickup contribute quite a bit to this site, including offering hard to find parts, you might want to watch how you reply to people on here.

Something about matches, bridges, and things burning....

For someone that wants a rare part in perfect condition, you'd do well not coming off with an unnecessary attitude. People aren't inclined to help those who want to create drama on here. Case in point, I have one in storage that I bought as a backup for my 86 XT, and it was about as mint as mint gets ( paint was near perfect and the wraparound seal was still soft and pliable). But do I think it's worth spending over an hour digging out boxes and boxes of parts to get to it and take a picture? Not after seeing you come off like that....

Turbodave
02-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Hey guys go easy on Jackson, He's a good guy and not typically involved in the drama. It's cool to see that he's got the opportunity to get his car in the invitational building, and from the pictures I've seen of the car it's certainly going to be show-worthy and great representation of the type of cars we all love.

That said,
I've got a used sunroof that I'll take a look at, but I think it might be a little rough for a show car.

DC Turismo
02-04-2008, 07:20 PM
I think DC Turismo had one out of a super low mileage 85 Turbo Z that was in a flood, you might try contacting him.

It was in good shape. I checked on it for him today and it is pitted in some areas though :mad:

Lotashelbys
02-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Thank you Dave

LaserXT1986
Im sorry if it looked at bad,I dont want to start any drama and I really hate that it exists in our community. Im sure because im a mod on the other site poeple look down on me but I assure you im easy to get along with and I love these cars and trying to help as much as I can when it comes to them. If im not wanted on here just LMK and I will go away if thats how it has to be.

Tom
Once again,im sorry about that reply I just took what you said the wrong way. I would like to see your Iroc at the show since it wasnt done when I saw it a few years ago. I hope there are no hard feelings;)

mcsvt
02-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Jackson I wish mine was mint, I'd love to contribute to your car :) but it's deteriorating at the back of it :(

DaveSkrab
02-04-2008, 08:46 PM
I don't have a sunroof glass to offer... But I do have a pretty mint Sunroof Bag from my old '89 Daytona Shelby. LMK if interested.

Xtrempickup
02-04-2008, 08:48 PM
i actually don't care, i dont think il have my r/t there this year. i have my plaque, no need to play around with it anymore for that as there are nicer cars, i'm modified so its not that nice under hood. i may be there, just not by the Tds, my 16V masi might be done in time to sit on the field or maybe the rampage 16V masi might be i have lots of choices along with a 84 Laser turbo all DC add ons needing paint i might drive out

LaserXT1986
02-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Thank you Dave

LaserXT1986
Im sorry if it looked at bad,I dont want to start any drama and I really hate that it exists in our community. Im sure because im a mod on the other site poeple look down on me but I assure you im easy to get along with and I love these cars and trying to help as much as I can when it comes to them. If im not wanted on here just LMK and I will go away if thats how it has to be.

No no, never said you werent wanted, just said you need to watch how you "come off" sometimes, that's all. To me, it just seemed like you were aggressive. Consider it a misunderstanding on my part as well ;)

The fact that you are a mod on TD means nothing to me, as I am not a TD lover nor hater.:p

Since you came out and explained yourself, I'll eturn the favor. If you can wait till this weekend, I will dig through the stash of stuff I have to get to the sunroof and let you know. Sound good? :D:D

Lotashelbys
02-04-2008, 11:36 PM
Ya,thats cool. Im in no rush as I dont really need one till close to July but I wanted to throw it out there to try to get a better chance to find a good one. LMK what you have and pics would be cool. Thanks

DC Turismo
02-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Not sure if this would work or not, but perhaps you could try to work something out with them if so (since it only shows they ship within the UK)?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dodge-Shadow-Plymouth-Sundance-Sunroof-Glass-1987-93_W0QQitemZ140175272354QQihZ004QQcategoryZ100909Q QrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQc mdZViewItem

If it can work, its brand new :) Same guy has brand new door glass for the Daytona : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dodge-Daytona-Plymouth-Laser-LH-Front-Door-Glass-86-93_W0QQitemZ140175272345QQihZ004QQcategoryZ100909Q QrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQc mdZViewItem

So maybe write him to see about a Sunroof for a G-body... :thumb:

JDAWG
02-09-2008, 05:46 PM
the P bodys are different?

DC Turismo
02-09-2008, 06:27 PM
the P bodys are different?

Not sure... :thumb: Hopefully they're not and Jackson can have a brand new sunroof :eyebrows:

And here's actually three other places that have the same Part #'d sunroof listed here in the states.

qty.____Name
3 | ARIZONA PARTS
TEMPE, AZ 85282
001 (480) 966-6683 Jan 23, 2008

3 | COLLECTORS AUTO SUPPLY.COM
OROVILLE, WA 98844
001 (800) 414-4462 Jan 13, 2008 2014

3 | COLLECTORS AUTO SUPPLY.COM
PEACHLAND, BC V0H 1X9
001 (800) 414-4462 Jan 13, 2008 2037

Perhaps Marty can chime in since it says he has them in stock and has had a few Daytonas if I'm not mistaken. If they are the same and you want one from him, better send him a payment overnight delivery so nobody else can beat you to his mailbox with money for it, even if you notify him that you're sending it, someone else can still get it if their money's there first. :o

JDAWG
02-09-2008, 07:30 PM
i have a 88 P, sunroof doesnt leak, come cut the whole roof out you can have it

Xtrempickup
02-10-2008, 11:46 PM
marty is a snail mail only payment kinda guy for all you that want anything from Arizona Parts, no credit card even. I called with about 410$ in things, and when he referred to it as 400$ worth of crap and check or money order, i changed my mind and decided not to buy from him

TopDollar69
02-11-2008, 12:09 AM
He is an interesting character to say the least.

Hemlock
02-11-2008, 08:58 AM
He is an interesting character to say the least.

I like the way he raises his prices based on how many looks a part gets. Interesting twist on supply and demand.

BIGBRUDDA
02-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Why, I happen to have a factory sunroof cut off an 89 shelby( twist knob type).I cut a 2in pflange around the the roof well. Glass is good ,even have the interior trim welting. PM me, shipping could be the only complication.

Turbozcs2003
03-19-2008, 08:06 PM
Has anyone bought from Arizona Parts, if so any issues??

Did they get the parts to you in a timely fashion??

Also I can look for factory sunroofs at the local yard, they do come in occasionally, ussually cheap too.

TopDollar69
03-19-2008, 08:46 PM
I bought a pair of window channel seals for a daytona, and an R/T shift knob. I followed his instructions and recieved my parts in a fair amount of time. It would be nice to pay with a credit card or paypal, but whatever, I got my parts.