PDA

View Full Version : Electronics: WTB: Super 60 harness

JTGLH
02-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Looking for a Super 60 harness for my 87 Horizon 2.5 project. If anybody has one for sale please PM me. Thanks! :)

-Jason

JDAWG
02-02-2008, 07:31 PM
you dont really need one, just get a t2 harness from a 87 daytona, or well if you ar runnin smec a 88 or 89 harness

SpoolinGLH
02-03-2008, 05:44 PM
if your running a '89 harness you need to convert the harness to the Lbody Bulk Head.....I have a conversion chart for that if you need one.

JTGLH
02-04-2008, 01:19 AM
if your running a '89 harness you need to convert the harness to the Lbody Bulk Head.....I have a conversion chart for that if you need one.

That would be GREAT! The p.o. started wiring the 89 minivan harness to the L-body bulkhead, but he didn't really know what he was doing, so I'm going to pull everything out and start over (needs to be considerably shortened anyway). Let me know if you need an email address and I'll send you a PM. :thumb:

SpoolinGLH
02-04-2008, 02:04 AM
That would be GREAT! The p.o. started wiring the 89 minivan harness to the L-body bulkhead, but he didn't really know what he was doing, so I'm going to pull everything out and start over (needs to be considerably shortened anyway). Let me know if you need an email address and I'll send you a PM. :thumb:

I need a email addy and also you need microsoft excel or excel viewer.

iTurbo
02-07-2008, 01:52 PM

I put an '89 turbo Caravan harness in my Omni GLH and it worked great. Mostly it involved cutting the L-body bulkhead off and splicing it onto the Caravan harness so that it would plug in. It was fairly easy to hide the longer sections of the harness and make it look like it belonged there, but I do have extra turn signal connectors and some other things that don't really belong in an L-body. Mounting the relays was a pain too, but the car has run great for many years now.

JTGLH
02-07-2008, 02:33 PM
I will most likely end up going the route of using the 89 Caravan harness in the car. I tossed around the idea of using a Megasquirt, but I can't really justify that considering the engine and trans are stock at the moment. I'd rather just get it running first anyway. I will shorten the harness though because I really want to clean it up.

Unless, of course, somebody has a Super 60 harness to sell. :D

8valves
03-15-2008, 07:22 PM
Anyone even know what fair prices are on a legit S60 harness these days?

JDAWG
03-15-2008, 07:29 PM
they sold for a few hundred new when they were avail, unless you find someone who is doing some sort of resto and want it to just plug in, not much cause most everyone knows its just a t2 harness, or a t1 with a few wires added

contraption22
03-15-2008, 09:33 PM
cause most everyone knows its just a t2 harness, or a t1 with a few wires added

Eh not exctly. It's a Turbo SMEC harness for an Lbody.

SpoolinGLH
03-15-2008, 11:45 PM

Exactly, I used a '89 Daytona Shelby SMEC Harness for my GLH.

8valves
03-16-2008, 12:34 AM

Which is why I was curious as to what's a going rate anymore. You never see them up for sale... and perhaps I want to sell mine. Ha!

SpoolinGLH
03-16-2008, 01:29 AM
Which is why I was curious as to what's a going rate anymore. You never see them up for sale... and perhaps I want to sell mine. Ha!

How good of shape is yours in?