PDA

View Full Version : auto trans part number break down

Turbo Joe
02-01-2008, 06:40 PM
anyone help out with decoding a small block 727 trans for my dad's daytona project. part # PK 3898864 5645 9116 please if someone can breakdown that code and tell me what year the trans is and ect.. or atleast let me know where an index of part numbers is so i can do it myself.. thanks..:thumb:

denviola
02-01-2008, 08:16 PM
PM Fleckster, he's an engineer at the Kokomo transmission plant and should be able to help. I believe the "K" stands for Kokomo, with the "P" being a year code. A RWD car service manual may be able to help you, or go to dippy.org and look up TIN (trans ID number) for a little bit of help.
Just a note from my hot rod days, the 904 has less rotating mass and requires less HP to spin than a 727, unless you are stuffing a big block in there, where the 727 is the choice to handle the torque.

Denny

Turbo Joe
02-01-2008, 08:27 PM
PM Fleckster, he's an engineer at the Kokomo transmission plant and should be able to help. I believe the "K" stands for Kokomo, with the "P" being a year code. A RWD car service manual may be able to help you, or go to dippy.org and look up TIN (trans ID number) for a little bit of help.
Just a note from my hot rod days, the 904 has less rotating mass and requires less HP to spin than a 727, unless you are stuffing a big block in there, where the 727 is the choice to handle the torque.

Denny

Thanks Man:thumb: I'll try to look it up first, before i bother Fleck..
We don't have any 904's around, just 727's .. so we don't know what one is what.. all i know is if its RB or LA... I'm still trying to convince him to shove a couple large frame bird eaters in her... but he is stuck in his old ways.. owell.

2.5L_Turbo_Sundance
02-22-2008, 09:07 AM
i think its got a date on it. i think on the driver side of the tranny.

i know on engines its above starter under manifolds, but tranny im still learning about.

i can ask my dad and ill hit you up later, unless you found out already

Alex