PDA

View Full Version : What's it like for you guys?

SpiritedShelbys
02-01-2008, 04:15 AM
You know.... I've been pulled over MORE than I ever have been before in ANY of the 9 Shelby's I've owned which I drove crazily. I've got the most unassuming color Srt-4 too.. silver! The real kicker here is that every time I've been stopped in this damn thing I wasn't actually doing anything. WTF? I've had some REAL good tickets in the past and been pulled over for absolute bullsh*t in my Shelby's but this is ridiculous! I have no tickets still and have had non within the past 4 years but continue to be pulled over in this STUPID 4-dr... that I love... What are your experiences?

bradp
02-01-2008, 08:10 AM
Profiling, what do you look like? Can they see you or do you have tinted windows?

Keito
02-01-2008, 08:20 AM
I've had no problems since I bought the car in 04.
But you could always do what I'm doing, install a
spoilerless deck lid.
I'm not a big fan of the tall wing.
I also have an SXT spoiler just in case.
I should have the deck lid on in a few weeks, I'll have
to post pics.

contraption22
02-01-2008, 01:19 PM
I haven't gotten pulled over since April of '04.

Turbodave
02-01-2008, 01:23 PM
Saw a blue SRT-4 pulled over the other day on the way to work, but wasn't around to witness why.

slasky
02-01-2008, 02:28 PM
I have only been pulled over once in my srt4. It was at night and I was doing 53 in a 30 and I was the only car around so I don't think the car had anything to do with it. After I spoke with the cop for a while he let me off without a ticket.
When I first got the car every piece of rice tried racing me or revved at me. I guess they just thought it was a riced out neon. I guess they have figured out what an srt4 is now because no one does that anymore to me.

SpiritedShelbys
02-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Yea actually I do have tinted windows but I bought it that way...

SpiritedShelbys
02-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Well I had considered removing the wing but honestly I LIKE this car and the way it looks. It's not as aggressive as the wrx or evo and it's by far not as boring as the neons. I loved these ever since attending the SRT launch in mid '02 when I worked for chrysler. I was amazed at how many people forgot about the previous gen TD's. Granted the SRT-10 ram was amazing and just flat out handles like no truck ever should but the SRT-4 impressed the hell out of me and recaptured some of the nostalgia of the shelby's.

ScottD
02-02-2008, 10:26 AM
I have been pulled over twice. Once I got a warning, I was on the military base at work and doing 30 in a 25. The second time I was out on a rural road, the only car around, coming home from my parents house on Mother's Day with my dog in the back seat and I got pulled over and got a ticket on that one. That one still burns me because I wasn't driving like a lunatic, it was 53 in a 40 on a two lane country road. And the cop didn't have radar set up, he was going the other way and TURNED AROUND to come back and get me.

After that I removed the big wing and put an SXT wing on. I haven't been pulled over since.

I also have to say I am much more careful about speed when driving the SRT-4 as opposed to anything else I own. I feel like cops target the car.

Aries_Turbo
02-02-2008, 04:10 PM
cops do target cars with big wings. a friend of mine has an STi and he gets pulled over all the time for more or less nothing. the one cop started calling him a boy racer constantly and he is 37-38.

Brian

slasky
02-02-2008, 04:28 PM
the one cop started calling him a boy racer constantly and he is 37-38.

Brian

What is an old man like that doing with a kid's sports car?????

BadAssPerformance
02-02-2008, 04:32 PM
I've been pulled over in the Shadow for the stupid Ghetto tint that the car came with... Luckily I am a little older and keener than the punk kid they figured would be driving it so i got a warning, but thats what I get for rolling in it on a colder day with the windows up ;)

dodgeshadowchik
02-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Yea, window tint can get your targeted more often. I got pulled over 4 times in a 99 neon with tint that the car had on it when I bought it. Of course, in MI, its illegal to have tint on the front door windows; so that's also a factor. However, the cops hate it when they can't see in.

What I find funny is the car I got in the most trouble with was my old red 94 Shadow 3.0L auto. I beleive it was because of the color and nothing else in that case. :)

BadAssPerformance
02-02-2008, 05:19 PM
No tint on the front doors allowed in IL either.. I need a note from the optometrist :D

Thats why they call it "pull me over red" ;)

Aries_Turbo
02-02-2008, 05:32 PM

i dunno grandpa ;)

Brian

shadow88
02-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Have the srt-4 owners considered the exhaust is the big factor? When these cars came out, we had a few (maybe 12) owners of the new srt-4's ask for proof from Chrysler that the srt-4's do NOT come with mufflers. We had a few cops around Toronto nailing thoses cars for that, or possibly giving the noise ticket after finding no other reason to pull the person over.

GLHNSLHT2
02-03-2008, 06:27 PM

The Old Men are the only one's that can afford it :(

SpiritedShelbys
02-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Well... I certainly do consider the exhaust and out of the 5 times I've been pulled over ONE was because he "heard" me. I really don't think this is much louder than my CSX or R/T was with 3" muffler-less exhaust was but then again I've never been behind an SRT-4 either.

raccoon
02-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Thats why they call it "pull me over red" ;)

I prefer "arrest me red" has a better ring.

Tint is the major factor I believe. My Integra had limo tint at first and I was pulled over a few times but even more annoying the police would just follow me around. soon as I had clear windows it all went away. then again I also removed my "weed man" decal off the back window too. :)

stage3
02-04-2008, 12:43 AM
I got pulled over one time since I got the car in Sept of 03. Nailed me with radar going 45 in a 35. However he let me go with only a warning. Surprised he didn't say anything about the exhaust.
Good to be old, only costs about 50.00 a month to insure :clap:.

SpiritedShelbys
02-04-2008, 01:47 AM
damn.. 50/mo? You're obviously not in CA. I don't have any violations and haven't had any in 4 years.. I'm double that and then some.

rich tideswell
02-05-2008, 01:56 PM
You know.... I've been pulled over MORE than I ever have been before in ANY of the 9 Shelby's I've owned which I drove crazily. I've got the most unassuming color Srt-4 too.. silver! The real kicker here is that every time I've been stopped in this damn thing I wasn't actually doing anything. WTF? I've had some REAL good tickets in the past and been pulled over for absolute bullsh*t in my Shelby's but this is ridiculous! I have no tickets still and have had non within the past 4 years but continue to be pulled over in this STUPID 4-dr... that I love... What are your experiences?

My ACR is black, and I don't have any problems with cops...... I DO have problems when I go driving and the chics boyfreind gets pissed becasue she's flirting with me......

fleckster
02-06-2008, 07:11 AM

Hey! I have an SRT-4 and I'm 37! :mad:

I haven't been pulled over in the SRT-4 but then again it only has 11,400 miles on it. I am always more aware of what I'm doing and who is around when driving it. The Solar Yellow does stand out a bunch! Now in my silver Spirit R/T, it's a whole other story! I have passed police cars doing 80mph in a 55mph zone and they don't even notice me! ;) There's nothing quite like driving a stealthy B-2 Spirit! lol

stimpy23
02-06-2008, 08:14 PM

36 years old here, had it about 4 weeks now:thumb: Installed the Mopar 2.5" exhaust for a deeper tone. No traffic stops yet, and it is "pull my license red"

SpiritedShelbys
02-07-2008, 02:54 AM
Well I'll admit, I got away with damn near everything in my old Spirit R/T and that baby was a built muthafxxxxr with 18lbs of boost and a 3" ex. I just bought a Shelby Lancer cuz the police really seem to have a problem with the SRT-4. Pisses me off.

slasky
02-07-2008, 11:56 AM
Hey! I have an SRT-4 and I'm 37! :mad:

So am I:D

Aries_Turbo
02-07-2008, 09:29 PM
So am I:D

yeah but you look like a punk college student ;)

Brian