PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Steel City SDAC Meeting Itinerary!!!

DC Turismo
02-22-2006, 11:53 PM
NOTE: I have posted this over in our B.S. thread as well.

The following information below is the rough itinerary that we discussed at the meeting that took place on Saturday during the Pitt. International Auto Show. Dates are tentative and may possibly change, but we'll try to stick with the given ones at this time. I figured it'd be a good idea to get a general idea of upcoming meets and such so everyone has ample amount of time to make theirselves available. Turnouts over this first year of having the club established have been outstanding, and it is our goal to have at least 15-20 people at each of our meets this year to make the statement that we're continuing to support this club as it grows. Feedback is welcome, and in my opinion, this schedule of meets looks pretty exciting to say the least!

March - we will not hold a meeting, but rather wait til April for hopes of warmer weather. Turnouts to the meetings over the winter were larger than we anticipated, but we still feel that the cold weather kept some of you in, compared to the summer time when we had a large response and attendance count.

April - We are scheduling a typical Pirate Farquhar meeting on April 22nd at Heath's residence. We hope to set this up as another BBQ/picnic/show event since the one we held in August was a huge success. Those attending will be asked to bring beverages, chips, desserts, condiments, and burgers/dogs/ribs/sausage, whatever floats your boat. We will get into all of that nearer when the time comes. We will plan on a usual starting time of about 1:00 PM or so.

May - We will be having our meet hosted up North to share the geographic placement of it with those of you who live up there. Jon and Justin have volunteered their large back yard to host a bonfire for this meeting. Again, we can have a BBQ theme, but this will be pretty neat as it would be our first night-time meeting. Times will be discussed as the date of May 20th inches nearer, as we plan on holding it on that third Saturday of the month. This will be a very exciting and laid back event, so please do try to make all efforts and make it out!

June - The meeting considered for June will actually be taking place on July 1, as we plan to represent our chapter by attending the Back to the 50's show. This show takes place up around Trina and Kris' neck of the woods, and is a huge four-day event. We, however, only ask that everyone interested meet on July 1, which is a Saturday. A spot, I believe (don't quote me as of yet) that will hold 8 cars is only $30 if I'm not mistaken. So, let's make a good showing and get on out to this event!

July - As many of you already probably guessed, we will consider our July meeting as a get together at Carlisle on Saturday, July 8. Even though this runs a week after the "June" meet-up, we hope that there will be the acceptional turnout rate that we had last year. Carlisle, as you know, gets bigger and bigger each year, and it is our goal to promote more TD's at the show. So please help out the cause, register your car under the Club Affiliation of the Shelby Dodge Automobile Club, and join us for this excellent show!

August - In August, we are going to try and start a new tradition that will hopefully work out really well and become a yearly to-do. I am beginning talks with Greg and Jay of the Buckeye chapter to hold a joint meetup, preferably on the third Saturday in August, which is the 26th, at a neutral location (we're hoping a park or somethign of that nature) where we can have a huge outting/show event take place. It will really be a cool time to meet members of our neighboring chapter and draw some publicity as this will undoubtedly be talked about since I do not believe it has been done before. I'm really looking forward to it, and would like to see EVERYONE make it to this event. I will be working to have planning completed by June at the latest, but only time will tell with that. Please let us know your thoughts, as we feel strongly that this can become a yearly event for both clubs. Not only this, but since a large number of us are not going to be able to make it to SDAC-16, it would be nice to meet up with a large group of fellow enthusiasts regardless! :thumb:

Also, in August, prior to this event, the MOPAR Nats are taking place from August 11 - 13. We had a few members come out last year for it, but not a whole lot. We would plan on meeting as a club at this event on August 12th if you are able to make it. It's always a good time to sit and chat with Barry, midohiomopar, and the Chicagoland crew! :eyebrows: :evil:

September - Jon informed me on Saturday that MOPARS in the Park takes place in the latter part of this month, and he is going to provide us with more information on this event over the course of the next few months.

October - We will hope that the third time is a charm and plan, again, to meet at Pittsburgh Raceway Park for their Halloween Test 'n Tune night (if they have it, for it has rained out the last two years hahaha!)...

Between these events, we of course will be taking part in Flashlight Drags, Test 'n Tunes at PRP, and various other shows throughout the region as well. Please post up your thoughts, and provide me with some feedback if you approve of having an itinerary laid out like this.

Thanks for your time.

The Pres.

85shelbycharger
03-08-2006, 04:48 PM
June - The meeting considered for June will actually be taking place on July 1, as we plan to represent our chapter by attending the Back to the 50's show. This show takes place up around Trina and Kris' neck of the woods, and is a huge four-day event. We, however, only ask that everyone interested meet on July 1, which is a Saturday. A spot, I believe (don't quote me as of yet) that will hold 8 cars is only $30 if I'm not mistaken. So, let's make a good showing and get on out to this event!

This particular show lasts from that Thursday thru Sunday and Trina (89shelbygirl) requested that I add:

Anyone wishing to attend this show days other than our scheduled meet up on the 1st are welcome to stay at her place.

85shelbycharger
03-13-2006, 07:12 PM
Here's another post regarding the 'Back to the 50s show'
Trina posted about this in our thread in the lounge, and I did as well, but thought it would be a good idea to have these details posted here too.

Here's a brief summarization of the information that Trina posted:

Most of our cars are too "new" to enter into this show. But Trina has worked a deal with them to have us there as their "guests." We will be set up under a large tented area. The only catch is, however, that we NEED 10 people to commit to being there from the time the gates open until the show is over that day. For whatever reason, we would not be allowed to leave before the end of the show that day. Each individual that commits will need to pay $30 for the day. But we NEED to have 10 people commited to this or else our entrance will be denied.

What is everyone's opinion on this? Is this something we are willing to do? I for one will be the first commited person to this event, and Trina will make two. Let's hear your thoughts.

jaysshelby
03-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Billy, August is good for us. Get in contact with Greg and the 2 of you can figure out the location, since he is more familair with your neck of the woods.
And we have already bruoght this up at our last Club Meeting and most everyone was up for it. so lets get this all squared away and try to get as many to attend as possible.
Jay

85shelbycharger
03-15-2006, 12:16 AM
Billy, August is good for us. Get in contact with Greg and the 2 of you can figure out the location, since he is more familair with your neck of the woods.
And we have already bruoght this up at our last Club Meeting and most everyone was up for it. so lets get this all squared away and try to get as many to attend as possible.
Jay

Its pretty sweet to hear that you guys want to meet up with us! Should make for one heck of a show :thumb:

DC Turismo
03-15-2006, 12:48 AM
Great, thanks for the post Jay! I'll get talking to him here shortly!

BTW everyone, I have a special offer to make. At our April 22nd BBQ at the captain's home, we will be holding a drawing for a one-year SDAC membership!!! Those who attend the meet are eligible for this drawing, and you can either use it to become a new member, or renew your membership if you're already a member. We will draw the winning person's name during the meeting part of the event. Please check out the separate thread in the SDAC Chapter Discussion forum for other information pertaining to our next meetup! Let's kick this year off to a great start and get everyone to attend!!!

cams1021
03-22-2006, 10:57 PM
Count me in for April.

Ill bring cups/plates/napkins/utensils again :thumb:

89shelbygirl
03-24-2006, 04:18 AM
guys just so u kno, billy messed up the dates, back to the 50's is july 4th weekend and the super nats are in june up here when ill be on vacation at the beach

85shelbycharger
03-24-2006, 11:06 AM
guys just so u kno, billy messed up the dates, back to the 50's is july 4th weekend and the super nats are in june up here when ill be on vacation at the beach

His dates are correct, those are the ones you told me. Here's the website too: http://www.backtothe50sweekend.com/
The day Billy said to meet up is July 1st, which is a Saturday.

85shelbycharger
03-24-2006, 06:38 PM
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2770

^^Anyone attending, please view and vote in this thread.Thanks

85shelbycharger
06-10-2006, 09:56 PM
I will not be at the Back to the 50's show. My hecktic work schedule and my commitment to Chyslers at Carlise and the Mopar Nats is prohibiting me from attending. Billy will also not be attending due to him just moving back home and getting settled back in. See everyone at Carlisle.