PDA

View Full Version : New Carpet

jl93sundance
01-26-2008, 07:07 PM
What does everybody think about this carpet from JCwhitney. Has anybody used this before? If so how similar was it to stock?:

http://66.45.76.155/index.php?SESSIONID=3PGCSAVK5251UMZDEMWZNWQ&JCWRETURN=www.jcwhitney.com&process=cart_items&yr=1994&make=DODGE&moldNum=585&prodType=8&model=SHADOW+-+SHADOW+2%2F4D&id=310&x=36&y=16&color=807

BadAssPerformance
01-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Not sure about the JC Whitney, but I got ACC carpet direct from the ACC website and it matched my Z's pretty damn close.

DC Turismo
01-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Jim, I believe Heath got his from ACC and it has a nice mold to it and was great quality. Get ahold of him.

JDAWG
01-26-2008, 09:31 PM
its close, vyou have to cut holes in it though

DC Turismo
01-26-2008, 09:35 PM
its close, vyou have to cut holes in it though

Yeah exactly. You still have to cut a slit to go around the center console bracket as well as holes for the seatbelts and buckles holes. But nontheless, great quality. Perhaps Kevin Isenberg or Clay can chime in here too as they got theirs from ACC too? Maybe? Both of them were for L-bodies too though, as well as Heath.

GLHS592
01-26-2008, 10:03 PM
You will have to cut the holes in any aftermarket carpet. You will also have to trim up front around the steering column and on the sides in the door sill area.

I like my ACC carpet. It wasn't too much different in price than the JC Whitney carpet. I went ACC because of the reputation. I know nothing about the JCW stuff and have never heard any good or bad about it.

You aren't going to find anything that is a perfect concours restoration carpet. ACC doesn't have the heavy rubber backing of the factory stuff. They have a lightweight matting glued to the bottom. You send them a sample from your old carpet, that you cut from an area that wasn't ever in the sun, and they will send you their 3 closest matches. You pick from the three.

JDAWG
01-26-2008, 10:34 PM
i dont mind cutting holes and modifying a lil, but when you talk about cutting holes some people get kinda scared, they want it to drop in.............

jl93sundance
01-26-2008, 10:36 PM
You will have to cut the holes in any aftermarket carpet. You will also have to trim up front around the steering column and on the sides in the door sill area.

I figured i would have to cut holes I was just wondering mostly on the quality...

Turbodave
02-05-2008, 07:22 PM
I've got an ACC carpet in my 89 Shadow. It fit nicely, like Kevin said it doesn't have the heavy backing of the factory carpet, but they do offer a version with a heavier backing than the standard one I ordered.

I had to cut holes for various screws, seat belt bots and what-not, but I've never seen a carpet set that didn't need that. I've had my carpet in the car for about 7 years now and it's help up well with time.