PDA

View Full Version : 91 Daytona Shelby

okie mopar
01-26-2008, 06:09 PM
:confused2:How can i get some info. on this car I just bought? I know nothing about them. Can you put an older model intercooler on them? How many were made in 91? Any info. will help. Thanks Ronnie in Okla. rfralicks@yahoo.com

cordes
01-26-2008, 06:28 PM
Although I don't know exact production numbers, I can tell you that they did not make many Daytonas with the Shelby name on them in 91. I believe that this was right at the time that the shelby partnership was coming to an end.

It is important to note that there was no "Shelby Daytona" made. Cars which were actually modified by Shelby Automobiles inc. were limited to the 86' and 87' GLHS, 87' Shelby Lancer and CSX, 88' Shelby CSX-T, and 89' CSX VNT alont with the 89' Shelby Dakota.

This is a great place to learn about your relatively rare car and how you can keep it on the road while getting the best performance out of it.

Do you have any pics of your car? They usually go over pretty well.

I can also recommned reading www.thedodgegarage.com 3 times at the least.

Let us know if you need anything.

87glhs232
01-26-2008, 07:02 PM
I put a radiator/intercooler assembly from a 90 daytona into my '91. Helped it out quite a bit.

cordes, there are 91 daytona shelby's. 91 was the last year.

EDIT: though as noted in the other thread they are not #'ed shelby's.

cordes
01-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Here is a link from the fabrication section which will show a ton of different ICs in all sorts of body styles. It should be easy to get about any cooler into the front of your Daytona. :nod:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1487

uwilluz
01-26-2008, 07:22 PM
If I recall correctly, there were 1,231 Shelby Daytona's made in '91. Of this, supposedly only 150 were the "C/S Model" otherwise known as the AGS Model, noted by the C/S emblems on the fenders. These, understandably, are VERY rare and hard to come by. I've owned one of each of these '91 models (Shelby Daytona and Daytona C/S) and have only seen TWO other '91 C/S so far, not counting the people who own them on our sites.

Lotashelbys
01-26-2008, 07:24 PM
A radiator/IC from a 91-93 TIII car(Spirit R/T Iroc R/T) will bolt right in like its made for it.

Pm me if you have any ?s about your car,I am pretty good with them as they are one of my favorite Turbo Mopars:D

badandy
01-27-2008, 07:37 PM
I had a white/white wheels 91 Daytona Shelby which is now owned by Frank. I never was able to get broken down production numbers by color/tranny/interior. It seems so few of the cars were made in 91 it's likely nobody really knows. I do know that car was the ONLY white on white with black leather and auto that I ever saw on the internet or otherwise...but who knows?

Here is a link showing the front mount intercooler install:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/260189