PDA

View Full Version : alky injection and HOM, notes and results

bill2
12-22-2005, 01:43 AM
I've been messing around with holding HOM with my stage 2 kit and figured i'd give my results and notes.
--Initially i was injecting the mixture right before the charge temp sensor in the stock hardpipe, this combo and 91 octane would not hold hom. I played around with when i was injecting, what i was injecting ect, but could not get any kind of positive results. Also added an ais intercooler, slight improvement, but not what we're looking for.
--Next i ordered a hardpipe from JMB performance with a bung for an injection jet about 6" from the throttle body with the charge temp sensor relocated a few inches lower than the injection jet. With this setup and 85+ deg temps and 91 octane hom would disengage around 5200rpms in third gear.
--Next i mixed in 104 octane to bring my octane to 94- results- holds to redline in 3rd in 85+ deg weather. I then proceded to dilute the mixture till i reached 92- results - same as with 94.
--Now that ambients have come down considerably, i was able to figure the warmest temp i could hold hom with 91 octane- roughly 70deg.

I'm running 85/15 water/meth on a snow performance kit. The car also has an ais front mount, lorenzo tb and perrin turbo back exhaust. I've pushed it in fourth gear but i'm not looking for a ticket :) , so no "fourth gear to redline." I wanted to make a couple 1/4 mile passes before i posted up what i've come up with so far, but it will be a few weeks until i'll be able to do so.

T-Mo
12-24-2005, 01:06 PM
hey... that's pretty sweet info mehn... i've got a stage 3 car w/toys & i have been considering water/alky injection... although i'm pretty fortunate that a local DIY garage carries race gas up to 110 unleaded... it's a little pricey though but works awesome... i usually mix a few litres of 110 with almost equal amounts of sunoco 94... & if i'm @ the track for a weekend or long day, just keep adding small amounts of 110 back into the tank... haven't had 2 many problems holding HOM all the way thru 4th gear... or most of the way thru... usually don't hit redline in 4th by the end of the 1320... do u have a link 4 snow performance btw???

CSX321
12-27-2005, 01:40 PM
http://www.snowperformance.net/

bill2
12-31-2005, 10:55 PM
I posted the info for 2 reasons; to get some discussion going :D , and to point out that the biggest factor that i have run into so far is nozzle placement.
I think if your injecting after the temp sensor the rest of holding, will be additional minor adjustments to reduce octane requirements (if your in an area that has 94 octane, dialed in wi may be all you need).

A few "general" octane relationships i've found are:
-1 point of octane is gained for a 10 deg reduction of coolant temperature
-1 point of octane is gained for a 20 deg reduction of ambient air
-1 point of octane is gained for a 25 deg reduction of charge temp