PDA

View Full Version : part number for Window repair kit for Caravan/Voyager

Sgt Craig
01-24-2008, 08:50 AM
My local dealer couldnt find it. The parts guy spent 15 minutes on the phone with me looking for it. I bought one years ago for the 89 Voyager I had. It replaces the broken plastic track on manual windows.Does anyone have the part number by chance.Thanks.

RoadWarrior222
01-24-2008, 08:54 AM
There's a line of generic/universal hard to find repair parts they have in the stores up here called "Help" usually on red cards. They have window tracks which you might wanna take a look at if you can't get anything out of the dealer.

Sgt Craig
01-24-2008, 09:02 AM
There's a line of generic/universal hard to find repair parts they have in the stores up here called "Help" usually on red cards. They have window tracks which you might wanna take a look at if you can't get anything out of the dealer.

Thanks i know about the help section. Ive worked at a Autozone for the past year. The One I worked at doesnt have it. I really want the mopar part as ive used it before and it has everything to fix it. I found the repair kit online at oemdodgeparts.com but no luck on the part number.

RoadWarrior222
01-24-2008, 09:27 AM
Did some hunting, does this sound like it?...

TSB #23-29-93 dated Jun 4, 1993

The window regulator may become inoperative due to the flex track portion of the window regulator being damaged.

Regulator, Package Manual Window Right 4746910
Regulator, Package Manual Window Left 4746911

Each Manual Regulator Package Consists of:
1 Window Regulator
1 Screw and Washer Assembly, Upper Regulator to Door Attachment
6 Screw, Regulator to Door Attachment
1 Template, Window Regulator Retrofit
1 Instruction Sheet

Sgt Craig
01-24-2008, 09:37 AM

The window regulator may become inoperative due to the flex track portion of the window regulator being damaged.

1 Window Regulator
1 Instruction Sheet

Thats it! Thanks a bunch!

martin kolner
01-24-2008, 11:34 AM
MOPAR #4467214 is the flexible toothed track that can be replaced on all vehicles. According to the sheet supplied it fits all the following from 1982-88......C,P,H,S,G,K-E bodies. It should fit all regulators using this type of plastic track. NOTE: when replacing the track the regulator should be cleaned,oiled and checked for any bends or imperfections before you install the track. Push the flextrack past the motor mounting holes and then attach the motor to regulator. This all can be done while you have it out and you have the 2 motor terminals connected directly to a battery. Then you run the motor until the track bottoms out. Measure the old track before you toss it so that you can get an idea of how long it should be as it will have to be trimmed. The regulator should be lubed with white lithium based grease. This is the same stuff you want on hood and door hinges. I've done a load of regulators myself. One more thing: make sure that the plastic seal that goes behind the door panel is in place and if the old one is gone or torn make a new one out of some food wrap or something similar so that a minimum of crud gets back into the regulator. www.arizonaparts.com Martin

Sgt Craig
01-24-2008, 06:50 PM

1 Window Regulator
1 Instruction Sheet

Called the dealer,they said it was discontinued.Thanks anyway though.

BadAssPerformance
01-24-2008, 08:43 PM
They should have a auperceeded number maybe? If not, Napa or Advance or Car Quest should have it.

Sgt Craig
01-24-2008, 09:11 PM
They should have a auperceeded number maybe? If not, Napa or Advance or Car Quest should have it.

I ordered the one martin posted. It should do the trick.

BadAssPerformance
01-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Yes it should :thumb:

JDAWG
01-24-2008, 09:22 PM
its funny the guy couldnt find it, martin is correct, i can pull 4467214 out of my head like in a milisecond. People come in and are like yea there is this white tooth thing that... And before they are done its on the counter lol

Sgt Craig
01-25-2008, 08:03 AM
its funny the guy couldnt find it, martin is correct, i can pull 4467214 out of my head like in a milisecond. People come in and are like yea there is this white tooth thing that... And before they are done its on the counter lol

Well I dont usually use this dealer. They are close to home.I just dont feel like driving 15 miles to the dealer i usually use. I wouldnt be surprised if they dont know they came with turbo's. Should have heard the conversation about the rad hose I bought from a local parts store. They gave me a 89 lower rad hose which would have been fine if i had a 89. The 90 has a totally different lower hose than 89. They didnt believe me unfortunately.