PDA

View Full Version : confused about A/F and dif ECU +40's

lancer402
01-19-2008, 01:34 AM
I have a 2.5 16v hybrid in my lancer. I have been running a FWD trim cal SMEC. It has 88 wiring. Yesterday I am cruising about 300 miles from home and get check engine lite. Alternator is overcharging. First I change altnator, same problem. Then I pull out the spare SMEC which is a stock one, and overcharging is fixed. But now I am running a stock SMEC with +40 injectors. I figure I have to lower the fuel pressure but my wide band shows it to be way to lean to even cruise down the highway. I raise the fuel pressure and its ok.

I get home and start working on it. I figure I will take the +40 out. Even with 55psi fuel pressure + the stock fuel injectors, it runs way lean and hardly runs at all. Idle AF ratio is above 17. I have to manually turn on a 5th injector to get it to lightly accelerate.
I try several different sets of TII injectors with the same results. Then I go back to the +40's and its better. But now when I cruise at 65MPH the AF hovers around 15.4 instead of 14.7. And as I lightly step on the gas it goes leaner.
Before I bought the trim cal and +40's, I had a stock T2 SMEC and stock injectors and it ran fine.
I know the head flows better than the 8 valve. someone shed some lite here

Thanks

andy

turbovanmanČ
01-19-2008, 02:57 PM
Your running a 3 bar cal right? if so, the 3 bar shifts the reading and lets it run +40's on a 2 bar cal without being pig rich and can run lean, as you've found out.

lancer402
01-19-2008, 06:44 PM
Your running a 3 bar cal right? if so, the 3 bar shifts the reading and lets it run +40's on a 2 bar cal without being pig rich and can run lean, as you've found out.

Well I must give you the credit for figuring this out before me. I see you posted this at 2:00pm and I had the answer after that. Although I cant take credit for realizing my bone head move. Thanks much

andy

turbovanmanČ
01-19-2008, 09:52 PM
Well I must give you the credit for figuring this out before me. I see you posted this at 2:00pm and I had the answer after that. Although I cant take credit for realizing my bone head move. Thanks much

andy

I posted at 10:57 am, an hour after you posted up, ;)

Glad it was something simple. :thumb: