PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide...

ShadowFromHell
01-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Hey guys, I accedently sold my DD the other day and am shopping for a new ride. Ive found 2, but cant decide what car to go buy.

The first one is a 86 lebaron gts turbo, in good shape 130k, but it needs a head job. I have a head for it, but I currently have my 89 tona torn apart in the shop, so I would have to do it outside, and It would take time away from me working on the tona. They are asking 150 for the car.

The second is a 86 omni, NA 5spd. Ive always wanted one, and was told its in good shape. All stock and I can just buy and drive it. Ive also never owned a L body.... asking price, 300.

What would you guys do? Im just wanting a good DD. My 89 CSX should be done soon (all stock), and Im currently building a 300hp shelby tona. I just want to get back and forth to work.

thanks

turbovanmanČ
01-18-2008, 05:04 PM
The Omni, its running and needs no head work that you know of. You have a turbo car so its not so bad having an N/A car also.

mcsvt
01-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Yup Omni would be my choice.

How do you "accidentally" sell your DD? :confused: :)

88_pacifica
01-18-2008, 05:17 PM
How do you "accidentally" sell your DD? :confused: :)

Yeah, that's what I was thinking? a 'friendly wager' gone wrong?

and then this??

...but it needs a head job.

GLHNSLHT2
01-18-2008, 08:00 PM
It's very dangerous to have an n/a car and a turbo car. Why? Cause when you hit the gas to squeeze in between the two jerkoff's pretty much pacing eachother down the freeway about 1/4 of the way into your manuever you realize there is gonna be no boost and no power! Don't ask me how I know.

ShadowFromHell
01-18-2008, 09:44 PM
My finance's mom said something about wanting a work car, my current DD was bought as a money maker.. So Im selling it. besides, it gives me a reason to get into something more fun to drive then a tbi auto sundance! lol.

I was told by the owner of the GTS 6 months ago that it dropped a valve. Then last week he told me it had a cracked head. Something is wrong with it and more then likely the head is going to have to be removed before its drive able.

Im just more worried about the omni having a carb then anything. That and it being really slow. I like having DD's that are fun to drive, but not nessesary drag cars. If it was a TBI omni it wouldn't be a hard choice.