PDA

View Full Version : 8V Exhaust Manifold CAD ?

ShelGame
01-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Does anyone have CAD (IGES preferred) of an 8V exhaust manifold? Stock turbo location preferred, but I'd use anything as a starting point. I want to build a header for my race car and want to check out a few ideas in CAD first.

Oh yeah, if anyone has CAD of the starter location, that would be great, too.

Thanks!

ShelGame
01-18-2008, 08:24 AM
Anyone? How about just some basic dimensions?

WLKivett
01-20-2008, 05:35 PM
Let me check thru my old files.

Best Regards,
Landon

BadAssPerformance
01-20-2008, 05:43 PM
I started to model a header once... then I just decided to make it, LOL :thumb:

ShelGame
01-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Yeah, really I just want to use CAD to get a concept where the runners are as short as possible, and as close as possible to the same length. What I build won't be 100% identical to CAD, obviously. Well, maybe close depending on how I go about it...

BadAssPerformance
01-20-2008, 07:03 PM
That was my plan too. I could have done it in CAD and gotten really close but I just figured that time was better spend fabricating. As it turne dout the runners are very close to the same length and fairly short too.

WLKivett
01-21-2008, 11:02 AM
ShelGame The files I have are in an old format of mechanical desktop for AutoCadd 2000. I have a few variations that I had been working on. From stock turbo location to modeling of TBI headers. PM me your e-mail address if your interested in the files, the files are quite large. I had also worked on intakes, I can send everything I have, now that I have a growing family it will be some time (if ever) that I'll have them built. I'd like them to go to sum use.

Best Regards
Landon Kivett

ShelGame
01-21-2008, 08:43 PM
ShelGame The files I have are in an old format of mechanical desktop for AutoCadd 2000. I have a few variations that I had been working on. From stock turbo location to modeling of TBI headers. PM me your e-mail address if your interested in the files, the files are quite large. I had also worked on intakes, I can send everything I have, now that I have a growing family it will be some time (if ever) that I'll have them built. I'd like them to go to sum use.

Best Regards
Landon Kivett

Yeah, that'd be great!