PDA

View Full Version : New srt owner

spoolinhard
01-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Just bought a srt from an insurance auction. BOught it about two weeks ago, pretty well have all the parts to fix it. It is an 04 with 46k on it. whoever owned it before took such good care of it that there were floor mats on top of the floor mats. Ive wanted one for so long that it is almost hard to believe I own one. I have never owned anything newer that an 87 before. It will be a SUPER easy fix, I cant wait!http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/Spoolinhard/new4.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/Spoolinhard/new5.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/Spoolinhard/new1.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/Spoolinhard/new2.jpghttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/Spoolinhard/new3.jpg

88_pacifica
01-17-2008, 02:22 PM
was it declared a total? what's wrong with it?

spoolinhard
01-17-2008, 02:24 PM
If the insurance co. took hold of it, it was obviously declared a total. which is fine by me, makes it easier for me to get a hold of one. Most of the dammage was done to the pass front suspension. Once I get that on, I can move it under its own power. Just need to get a slight frame pull then finish it.

slasky
01-17-2008, 02:30 PM
That does not look too hard or expensive to fix. I don't know why they totaled it. Can I ask what you paid for it at the auction?

88_pacifica
01-17-2008, 02:38 PM
That does not look too hard or expensive to fix. I don't know why they totaled it. Can I ask what you paid for it at the auction?

That's what I was thinking... not enough to declare it a total from what I can see... Good score! :thumb:

Turbodave
01-17-2008, 02:47 PM
Looks good Kaleb, shouldn't be too bad of a fix. Might even be able to get all the parts for cheap on SRT forums or something, just find a guy swapping all his stock stuff for APC plastic junk.

1966 dart wagon
01-17-2008, 03:14 PM
awesome, i love the blue ones, i was hoping on getting on int he future, i'll probably have to find a wrecked one too to afford it, o well im going into the collision field anyways and my dad has a frame machine. I know i saw one that was going for like 5k at a local place, front was smashed, bags ok, said it wasnt a salvage title

86Shelby
01-17-2008, 03:42 PM
Looks good in those pics. Much better than the phone pic. ;) If you need something dealer-only LMK and I'll see if I can get some employee pricing for ya.

rich tideswell
01-17-2008, 08:20 PM
did you notice the front passenger door by the roof? is that door bent at the top???

1966 dart wagon
01-17-2008, 09:04 PM
did you notice the front passenger door by the roof? is that door bent at the top???

it'll buff out :D

86Shelby
01-17-2008, 09:40 PM

Nothing that Kaleb can't fix.:nod:

spoolinhard
01-18-2008, 02:13 PM

the pass door hinges are bent. The frame guy said he would take car of it when he gets it. the only things to repaint on the car are fender sideskirt piece and bumper. Easy:thumb:

spoolinhard
01-21-2008, 11:32 AM
tore the car all apart yesterday. started putting it back together. should be well on its way soon.
-Kaleb

Keito
01-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Be aware, the front bumper is on intergalatic backorder.
You could probably get a Kaminari if you had to.
By looking at the pics I can't tell if it needs replaced or you could weld it.
I know some people regret buying them, but I have had no trouble with mine.
Probably because my 04 only has 8500 miles on it and sits in the garage 95%
of the time.
Know why the rubber strip on the firewall is taken half off?
The Stage 2 w/turbo toys fuse box gets stuck under it on the drivers side
where it's pulled off. Maybe it had Stage 2.

spoolinhard
01-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Be aware, the front bumper is on intergalatic backorder.
You could probably get a Kaminari if you had to.
By looking at the pics I can't tell if it needs replaced or you could weld it.
I know some people regret buying them, but I have had no trouble with mine.
Probably because my 04 only has 8500 miles on it and sits in the garage 95%
of the time.
Know why the rubber strip on the firewall is taken half off?
The Stage 2 w/turbo toys fuse box gets stuck under it on the drivers side
where it's pulled off. Maybe it had Stage 2.

Looks bone stock. I pulled the filler panel when I took off the fender. didnt see anything stashed under there. then again, I dont even know what a stage 2 looks like. Going to reuse the bumper, its in pretty nice shape. between srtforms, one of the local srt boards, and the local slavage yards, I pretty well have everything for it already. I got a good deal and fixing it isnt going to be that expensive, so I think that I will be pretty happy about buying it.

spoolinhard
02-22-2008, 11:31 AM
Just took a look at it at the frame place. frame is done and everything lines up beautifully. pass front door is gapped dead on, along with the hood and fenders. When I get this painted, there will be no evidence of an accident. Pics up when I get the car back.

Aries_Turbo
02-24-2008, 03:23 PM
you are going to paint the "frame" places they pulled right? ive seen tons of guys that get stuff pulled back into places and only paint the fenders and stuff that goes on top and then the frame rots really fast.

Brian

contraption22
02-25-2008, 12:58 PM
It's scary how little damage it takes to "total" these cars.

I will be envying you every time I send in my few remaining payments to Chrysler Financial.

overlordsshadow
02-25-2008, 02:55 PM
floor mats on floor mats isn't always the best thing as that will trap more moisture longer in the carpet when it does get down there. Lift all that crap up and have a gander.

spoolinhard
02-25-2008, 05:33 PM
Yes, planned on painting the areas that were pulled from.

And yes, I would imagine what I will have into this thing would make some cry:D

Just ordered up the last batch of parts that I should need. Will get pics next weekend.

andon the floor mats. the 2nd set wont stay, as they are the same color as my daytona interior:nod:

neoned
03-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Dead giveaway on the stage two/three with toys. Pull the in car fuse box, and look behind it. There is a blue wire with white stripe that gets tapped for power. If the insurance comp. would pay for the kit after it may have been put back to stock.

contraption22
03-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Not on mine. I put an add-a-circuit fuse in the iterior fuse panel to get power