PDA

View Full Version : Got my TU header yesterday...woohoo!!!

Bubba
01-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Just a couple pics. This header looks like it should've came on the car from the factory. Very nice design and I can't wait to install it this Spring. Thanks again Chris for designing such a nice and great priced product!!!

Clay
01-15-2008, 09:34 PM
holy huge pics!!!!!!!!! Im on cable and they take a while to load ;)

but, it does look GOOD! Cant wait to get mine!

Bubba
01-15-2008, 09:47 PM
Big pictures for added detail....;)

I downsized and attached the pictures.

mcsvt
01-15-2008, 09:58 PM
:thumb: I'm still in anticipation! I think I'll get mine coated, I should tell Chris that...

Bubba
01-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Yup, should've had mine coatede as well.... I may have that done locally if I can find someone to do it.

87glhs232
01-15-2008, 10:00 PM
So it looks like you have to position the drain back tube on the flange then weld it up?

Directconnection
01-15-2008, 10:34 PM
come again?

Frank
01-15-2008, 10:35 PM
come again?

In the bag.... the drain back tube does not have the flange welded on like in the original header kit that was sold. My old TU header had that part put together.

Chris W
01-15-2008, 11:49 PM
In the bag.... the drain back tube does not have the flange welded on like in the original header kit that was sold. My old TU header had that part put together.

The first 6 headers were all machined a little differently to determine which would have the best fit for the production versions. You might notice some have different marks on top for clearance. The production versions will all have the tubes pre welded.:thumb:

Chris-TU

87glhs232
01-16-2008, 12:35 AM
The first 6 headers were all machined a little differently to determine which would have the best fit for the production versions. You might notice some have different marks on top for clearance. The production versions will all have the tubes pre welded.:thumb:

Chris-TU

:clap:

Bubba
01-19-2008, 08:56 AM
Here's another picture next to my head that's being worked on.

johnl
01-20-2008, 01:36 AM
Hot diggity dog! Good for you - Christian. Ain't it a nice piece? Welding the drain back is no big deal. I just tacked it in place, pulled it off, and finished it. If you don't have a welder, then just put a dab of JB weld on it, let it set, pull it off and get it welded. No biggie.

Bubba
01-20-2008, 09:55 AM
Yes, it's very nice! I can't wait to put it on this Spring. I'm gonna have a friend weld it for me. I've got a mig welder, but don't weld too often, so I don't wanna screw it up.

johnl
01-21-2008, 02:44 AM
Melted my speedo cable in the GLHT so be careful with its routing. No biggie, got a replacement at the JY today. The outlet steps over into the area where the speedo cable likes to be routed.

Bubba
01-21-2008, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the tip.

2.216VTurbo
01-21-2008, 11:59 AM
Melted my speedo cable in the GLHT so be careful with its routing. No biggie, got a replacement at the JY today. The outlet steps over into the area where the speedo cable likes to be routed.
Pretty good trick finding an L body cable on your first outing John, I've been out some days and there weren't any L's in the yard:(

Nice pics, thanks for putting em up Christian:thumb: BTW, what's going on inside the ports on your head? There are a bunch of shiny areas:eyebrows:

Bubba
01-21-2008, 12:52 PM
Pretty good trick finding an L body cable on your first outing John, I've been out some days and there weren't any L's in the yard:(

Nice pics, thanks for putting em up Christian:thumb: BTW, what's going on inside the ports on your head? There are a bunch of shiny areas:eyebrows:

My head's just about finished with the rough porting, then it'll be smoothed out and the final machine work completed. This is a ported g-head with big 44mm intake valves and 38mm exhaust valves, MP springs, chromoly retainers F3 camshaft.