PDA

View Full Version : TIII Maintenance

LowSL2
01-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Changed my oil and filter today. I like synthetic oil. Goes in clean, comes out clean. I guess I could have waited a little longer to change the oil. But I dont like to go past 3mo or 3000mi.

Checked the spark plugs. All look clean. I like that.

Pulled the valve covers to examine the rockers, lifters and cams. I never really looked at the cams until today. Looks like I have some pitting or something on a lobe on the intake and one on the exhaust. The rollers on the rockers aren't damaged at all though. It looks like they have some scoring but they're smooth. Fingernail doesn't catch on it.

And I have white smoke coming out the tailpipe when I start up now. I really need a place with a garage so I can rebuild this engine.... :banghead:

turbovanmanČ
01-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Thats pretty good, clean oil.

I would get the cams done now before they chew up the rollers.

86Shelby
01-14-2008, 08:21 PM

:thumb::nod::amen::thumb::nod::amen::thumb::nod:

Lotashelbys
01-15-2008, 12:44 AM

And Titanium retainers so thats less likely to happen again:thumb:

LowSL2
01-15-2008, 06:39 AM
That's the plan guys. I dont plan on driving this thing too much. It needs too much work and I dont want to ruin anything. I'm trying to get us into a place with a garage so I can pull the engine and start the rebuild. If this 92 ECU that I'm getting from a guy in FL works, I'll start buying parts pretty soon.

EDiT: Not trying to say that I doubt the guy I'm buying the ECU from, just hoping that the wrecked Daytona he got it from doesn't have a factory alarm.

Lotashelbys
01-15-2008, 11:07 AM
EDiT: Not trying to say that I doubt the guy I'm buying the ECU from, just hoping that the wrecked Daytona he got it from doesn't have a factory alarm.

You can disable that to work in a non-alarm car.

LowSL2
01-15-2008, 04:10 PM

I know. But he didn't know if the car had the alarm. And the car was long gone. I'm sure it'll work. :thumb:

karlak
01-16-2008, 02:40 PM

For future reference how would you disable the alarm?