PDA

View Full Version : MSD ignition box on a hybrid 16v

shelbyplaya
02-21-2006, 09:04 PM
has one one tryed this yet? i've herd they dont work so well on the 8v, but what about the 16v set up?

any thoughts?

The S is Silent
02-21-2006, 09:22 PM
They work fine on the 8v. They work exactly like they should. Just because they don't show improvement on a stock or mildly modified vehicle does not mean they don't work.

shelbyplaya
02-21-2006, 11:16 PM
They work fine on the 8v. They work exactly like they should. Just because they don't show improvement on a stock or mildly modified vehicle does not mean they don't work.

i'm just going by what i've read on a few differnt web sites i've checked out in the past

turboshad
02-24-2006, 11:11 AM
From what I understood the problem with using them on the 8v was the stock computer didn't agree with them too well. Don't know how or why plus it is just hear say. I have no experience with them. If you are using one on a hybrid I would assume your are going distributorless in which case you would be using a standalone and it should work fine. Just my thoughts. Like I said, totally non-experience related.

DJ

shelbyplaya
02-24-2006, 11:14 AM
From what I understood the problem with using them on the 8v was the stock computer didn't agree with them too well. Don't know how or why plus it is just hear say. I have no experience with them. If you are using one on a hybrid I would assume your are going distributorless in which case you would be using a standalone and it should work fine. Just my thoughts. Like I said, totally non-experience related.

DJ

no stock electronics. i'll be getting a custom cal when the set up's compleat.

David Bohrer
03-04-2006, 11:08 AM
I have one on my neon that has TD electronics and it works great. It allows me go to beyond 25 psi of boost w/o spark blowout.

91DSX
03-04-2006, 02:46 PM
I have a MSD 6AL box on my 8V with the 91+ Blaster coil. I love what it did to the car during idle, cruise, etc. I have a 5900rpm rev limit because using the SBEC rev limiter caused big fireballs to exit my exhaust . . .now nice soft rev limit.