PDA

View Full Version : Glhs Replacement Carpet

justa4
01-13-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm trying to find the type(loop,cut pile,gros point,etc) and color match for a replacement carpet for an 87 glhs. I was looking at acc, but if anybody has had good experiences with other companies please let me know.

Thanks Mike

GLHS592
01-13-2008, 11:13 PM
I don't think there is a carpet out there that is very close to original.

justa4
01-14-2008, 10:41 AM
yea, I was just trying to see if anybody might of had experience with replacement carpet. How about a color match for the acc brand?

Clay
01-14-2008, 10:48 AM
well, Ive put ACC carpet in my GLHT. I ordered one color, it was way to light, then I ordered another color, and it was way to dark. The problem is you cant go by the pictures on the internet to match your colors.

The fit on the ACC carpet was pretty good in my opinion. You have to take into consideration that NONE of the holes are cut into the carpet, and its slightly over sized, but otherwise it fit the contours of the floor fairly nicely.

Your best bet is to call ACC, and they can send you samples, OR you can even send them a sample so they can match it up.

clay

Clay
01-14-2008, 10:48 AM
well, Ive put ACC carpet in my GLHT. I ordered one color, it was way to light, then I ordered another color, and it was way to dark. The problem is you cant go by the pictures on the internet to match your colors.

The fit on the ACC carpet was pretty good in my opinion. You have to take into consideration that NONE of the holes are cut into the carpet, and its slightly over sized, but otherwise it fit the contours of the floor fairly nicely.

Your best bet is to call ACC, and they can send you samples, OR you can even send them a sample so they can match it up.

clay

GLHS592
01-14-2008, 01:28 PM
You send a sample of your old carpet to ACC. They will send you 3 samples to choose from.

justa4
01-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Darn, the carpet from the car that I'm doing the interior for is long gone. My other car is super low miliage, so I don't really want to cut anything, even if you can't see it. I guess I'll be getting some samples sent. Thanks for the responses.