PDA

View Full Version : TM and SDAC Chapter Groups!

Frank
01-11-2008, 10:46 PM
Introduction

Something that came about within the latest release of forum software is Social Groups. They are not anything special or that important, but could be an excellent way to post quick notices to those within your group and to even find members within your group.

We have decided to create regional groups and SDAC chapter groups that you can be apart of. At the vary least, it is a great way to find people within you area.

How to join a group?

It is simple! You need to only go to the following link, which can be also be found in the navbar above. You then find the group(s) you would like to join and you are done! Typically you will find that the SDAC groups are moderated differently and require approval by the social group owner before you can join.
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/group.php

How to start a group?

Easy! Just private message myself! You will need to be an officer of an SDAC chapter in order for me to allow you to start one for your chapter. For the TM regional groups, you will need to submit why you would be a good candidate to lead that regional group. We have broken down the regions into categories as seen in the following section.

How are the regional groups divided?

US Forums

Northwest - AK, ID, MT, OR, WA

Southwest - AZ, CA, CO, HI, NV, NM, UT, TX

Mountain - CO, NM, WY, MT

Midwest - IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI, KY

Mid-Atlantic Area - DE, MD, NY, PA, NJ, VA, WV and the District of Columbia

South/Southeast - AL, AR, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN

Great Plains - IA, KS, NE, ND, SD, OK, MO

New England - CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, VT

International Forums

Canadian West - BC, ED

Canadian East - ON, QU, NS, NF

Canadian Central - Everything in between??? include ON?

Mexico

Europe

Australia

Frank
01-16-2008, 07:22 AM
Bump...

Frank
01-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Well we are going to remove them. They are not well enough integrated into the board. Oh well.

88_pacifica
01-19-2008, 10:53 PM
Hey Frank, I think that this was a good idea, but I think it didn't "take off" because it's "too isolating." I like reading about all things at all times. I guess I'm just nosy, but I like knowing what all TM'ers are doing with their cars and daily activities. By having separate forums it was too "isolating" if that makes sense. I mean if we were MONSTROUSLY huge(100's of thousands), then I scould see this working.

It is nice to see that this upgrade has possible "viability" in the future if necessary though... :D:thumb:

Frank
01-19-2008, 11:05 PM
Exactly. For now it is going on back burner till vbulletin can integrate it further.

88_pacifica
01-19-2008, 11:12 PM
Exactly. For now it is going on back burner till vbulletin can integrate it further.

;) :thumb: :D

DC Turismo
01-20-2008, 12:13 AM
:( I really liked this feature! Why not leave it and if its isolated leave it isolated and worry about integrating it later on rather than removing them and integrating them. At least we could still enjoy them?