PDA

View Full Version : all new wiring in a '85 glht

UPSIDE-DOWN-FACE
12-21-2005, 11:54 PM
ive totally gutted my omni. dash and everything. building straight race car. my question is... instead of splicing the bulkhead in from a '89&up turbo mini, can i use the whole harness from a turbo mini?

UPSIDE-DOWN-FACE
12-24-2005, 03:03 PM
nobody has the answer for this one?

SwiftTech
12-24-2005, 04:26 PM
If the car is totally gutted I don't see why you couldn't use the entire mini harness. You might have to adjust some of the lengths of the wires but it should work.

TylerEss
12-26-2005, 06:19 PM
If you're building a straight race car, why even use a whole harness from a mini or anything else? Why not cut off the connectors and crimp up yourself a harness with only the lines you need and nothing more?

Save yourself some weight plus now you've got only brand new wiring that'll be more failure resistant.

UPSIDE-DOWN-FACE
12-27-2005, 07:26 PM
what would be the best way to "make " a wiring harness wiith just what you need?

minigts
12-29-2005, 12:22 PM
I'm working on converting a TII harness out of an 89 Daytona to fit my Charger. I pulled A LOT of wires out I didn't need. A/C, tempature sensor, some set of parking lights. Really cleaned it up. I would do what guy (don't remember who posted) said and would take out what you need. Just get a manual for whatever year you're getting the harness from and make sure you have one for whatever year your car is and match things up. It's not that hard to do, just time consuming.

Subliminal
12-29-2005, 12:38 PM
Yeah, you could do that. Some of the things on the minivan might be a little different, but it's a lot easier using 87+ everything, so you can stick with the 50 way bulkhead, rather than the 40way to 50way conversion.

Worth a shot, at any rate. It's easy to get to that stuff once the dash is apart.

I removed my dash recently on my 600 and took all the ducting out with a hammer. Save a little weight, and sure simplifies everything under the dash!

minigts
12-29-2005, 12:43 PM
Wait... just wait. Man, how do you do the coversion inside? What? Huh?

Pics would be most helpful. I just pulled the ENTIRE dash out the other day and I have it ALL apart. That would be much eaiser since I'm at this point.

Keep talkin..

deuce dodge
01-02-2006, 06:46 PM
k-briggs...post some pics ..and how about an aluminum dash...

and a cage.awesome

deuce