PDA

View Full Version : Code 45 at 11 psi?

Spraynlog
01-10-2008, 12:36 AM
I took the '86 woody back from my daughter so I could install a proper boost gauge. I mounted a 2 1/16" 30/30 Autometer boost/vacuum gauge in the lower fake wood panel just to the right of the steering wheel.

The boost was set at 9psi, and I wanted a bit more zip, so I shortened the grainger 1/4 turn. That got me to 11psi, but it started cutting out under hard acceleration. I pulled the codes and got a 17 (coolant temp sensor) and of course the 45. I'm thinking I need to check out the baro solenoid to check the vacuum lines, probably replace the coolant temp sensor.

Anything else I should be looking for?

turbovanmanČ
01-10-2008, 01:06 AM
It could be the MAP is being very sensitive, I've had that before. I would fix the coolant sensor first and retry.

Turbodave
01-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Some computers go into overboost before 14psi, so it might just be time for a new calibration or a cut out raiser.

Spraynlog
01-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Some computers go into overboost before 14psi, so it might just be time for a new calibration or a cut out raiser.
The woody currently has an '86 MP LM in it. It dates from 1995. It seemed OK in the other '86 I have, but who knows?:confused2:

turbovanmanČ
01-10-2008, 04:14 PM
For cheapness and simplicity, I would just run a cut-out raiser, never have to worry again. :thumb:

Spraynlog
01-10-2008, 06:18 PM
For cheapness and simplicity, I would just run a cut-out raiser, never have to worry again. :thumb:
That is what I'm thinking also.:nod: I had a cut out raiser that I got from Gus years back, but I converted it into a boost controller...that is now on the woody....which now needs a cut out raiser!:lol:

Does Cindy carry cut out raisers? I know Dawes used to, but he sold out to somebody else...who?

turbovanmanČ
01-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Does Cindy carry cut out raisers? I know Dawes used to, but he sold out to somebody else...who?

Dawes is still around, they just renamed themselves. FWD and TU also carry them.

http://www.3barracing.com/index.htm