PDA

View Full Version : 02 Grand Prix 3800 q.uestion

J&H Ryan
01-07-2008, 07:21 PM
I first noticed what wcan be described as trans hesitation. Now when I try to accelerate - it doesn't. If I put the pedal to the wall, it will upshift and stick at 3500-4000 rpm.

I have a code - which I can't read because my friend borrowed my scanner just earlier. The code before with the hesitation was low input to the MAF. I'll read it again asap.

I just put a replacement pump in - wouldn't be due to that little bit of dirt that inevitably fell in finishing off the filter would it?

Thanks for any help.

turbovanmanČ
01-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Did you change the fuel filter?

I would wait until you get your scanner back, if the MAF is failing, it can cause all kinds of issues.

J&H Ryan
01-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Haven't touched anything yet. I guess I should scan it, see if that gives me any leads - thought that might be a symptom of something obvious.

Had a dealer guy say that a bad fuel pump (I guess could be a bad filter as well) made the car not make enough power to shift, and it would hang up like that. Thats good news I guess, lol.

turbovanmanČ
01-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Haven't touched anything yet. I guess I should scan it, see if that gives me any leads - thought that might be a symptom of something obvious.

Had a dealer guy say that a bad fuel pump (I guess could be a bad filter as well) made the car not make enough power to shift, and it would hang up like that. Thats good news I guess, lol.

Sorry, I am confused, you said you put a replacement pump in, I was assuming fuel pump?

J&H Ryan
01-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Sorry, I am confused, you said you put a replacement pump in, I was assuming fuel pump?
I did, but he said to not trust even new parts - I've learned that 1st hand as well.

turbovanmanČ
01-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Ok, but unless you bought some back door special, highly unlikely.

Did you change the fuel filter?

mark
01-07-2008, 10:40 PM
is the ses light blinking?
if the transmission slips, or a solenoid is failed or failing a ses code will blink.
if it gets serious or worse the ses will blink...

J&H Ryan
06-07-2008, 02:16 AM
Another issue with me not getting notification of replies...

It was a clogged CAT. Now it has a bad MAP. oy...