PDA

View Full Version : '85 GLH Turbo decal questions

do9403
01-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Can anyone point me to some documentation that describe the original decal location ("GLH Turbo", etc) and pinstripe positioning for 85 GLH Turbos?

I have pictures of an '85 GLH Turbo, black with gray interior that I am looking at. It has a single red "Dodge" decal on the hood above the driver side headlight and a single red "GLH Turbo" in the rear of the car on the passenger side and no pinstripes whatsoever that I can tell along any of the ground effects (front - near the fog lights, back, or sides).

I have seen other pictures of the same car with both "GLH Turbo" and "Dodge" across the hood (in red on a black car) with a red pinstripe around the car on the ground effects.

It seems like the amount of 'signage' is a little low compared to other photos of this same car I have seen online. The owner is saying it is 100% original and that nothing has been changed. Could this be the case? Or were there variations with respect to the decals?

Turbodave
01-07-2008, 02:49 PM
I've had a few low mileage cars including one that I got from the original owner that was unmodified. On the hood the only decal is the "Dodge" decal on the leading edge above the drivers headlamp. On the front airdam is a red pinstripe along the bottom. On the side ground effects are red pinstripes along the bottom, above them and towards the front are decals that say either "GLH Turbo" or "GLH" depending upon which engine it has. On the back hatch it should have a "Dodge omni" decal on the drivers side and a "GLH" or "GLH Turbo" on the passenger side. There is a also a matte black decal that goes on the rear panel between the taillights (that area should be painted matte black, the decal covers the lower edge. The only other unique GLH decal is the "premium fuel required" decal on the inside of the fuel door.

Turbo224
01-07-2008, 03:50 PM
There is also a matte black sticker/decal that goes on the door handles to black them out.

glhturbo1985
01-07-2008, 06:10 PM
The door pillar between the front and back doors, upper part of the doors from the trim piece up should also be painted flat black... The dodge decal should have a underscored omni attached on the same decal:thumb:thumb:

do9403
01-10-2008, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the replies. This is very useful information for me - I'm now armed with a few more questions for the seller as the car appears to be missing the "Dodge Omni" decal in the back (but the "GLH Turbo" remains), the red pinstripes on the ground effects and airdam. It's a bit confusing because the car has quite low miles and otherwise looks to be in good shape.

Two more questions:

1. Did any of the GLH's have the speedometer underlay that noted speeds above 85mph or was that only on the Shelby versions?

2. Was there an option on the '85 models for a rear window wiper? This car has one.

Thanks for the help. My dad used to own an '86 GLHS, so I'm more familiar with those details and am less familiar with the GLH's.

Turbodave
01-10-2008, 01:24 AM
Two more questions:

1. Did any of the GLH's have the speedometer underlay that noted speeds above 85mph or was that only on the Shelby versions?

2. Was there an option on the '85 models for a rear window wiper? This car has one.

Thanks for the help. My dad used to own an '86 GLHS, so I'm more familiar with those details and am less familiar with the GLH's.

1.) The overlay was only on the numbered "shelby" cars.

2.) A rear wiper was optional in 85, as was A/C, lighted visors, and a body protection package that added side moldings along the middle of the doors and bumper guards front and rear.