PDA

View Full Version : megasquirt , edis and pic of crank sensor??

lancer402
01-06-2008, 11:19 PM
Anyone have a picture of how and where they mounted the crank sensor, if they are running a distributorless ignition with megasquirt???
I am planning on using the ford edis with a 35-1 trigger wheel and there isnt much room to make a good bracket for the sensor.

thanks,
Andy

GLHS592
01-06-2008, 11:24 PM
I have pictures of my crank sensor bracket for my SDS if that will help.

lancer402
01-06-2008, 11:53 PM
kevin

yes that would be great to see how you did it. :thumb:
here or 575kdodge@fuse.net

thanks
andy

I was hoping to see Fred come on stronger

Austrian Dodge
01-07-2008, 06:53 AM
I can give you some pics of my 60-2 trigger wheel + bracket i use with my haltech setup...

the only pic i currently have is this:
http://www.rsc.at/friendsgarage/daytona/pic/0607/DSC07880.JPG

Basically i had my UD pulley machined to accept that trigger wheel (ditched the AC), and welded the trigger sensor bracket to the oilpan!
I'll try to snap better pictures of it on the weekend!

lancer402
01-07-2008, 09:10 AM
AD, thanks for picture. I have an aluminum UD pulley as well and will ditch the AC too. I see bolts. did you weld something on the UD pulley?

sensor off the oil pan hey. I thought about that. didnt want it hanging below the water/snow guard. maybe yours isn't?

when you get the time, i'd like to see more pictures.

thanks,
andy

GLHS592
01-07-2008, 11:18 AM
kevin

yes that would be great to see how you did it. :thumb:
here or 575kdodge@fuse.net

thanks
andy

I was hoping to see Fred come on stronger

Me too. I will send the picture tonight.

Austrian Dodge
01-08-2008, 07:31 PM
no welding to the pulley, the AC part was just turned down, and then 4 holes were drilled and tapped to bolt on the trigger wheel.

i haven't taken any pictures of the pulley itself after the machining, but when i'm back at the garage next time, i'll try to do so.

as for driving the car in snow/rain...there's this plastic shield to protect the belt's that bolts to the inner fender and goes just below the UD pulley.
simpliest way to protect the trigger sensor against dirt, is to extend that plastic piece. just like the lower engine cover newer cars come with.

lancer402
01-11-2008, 01:03 AM
Austrian Dodge

Thanks for the info. If you get a picture of the sensor Id like to see it.

Andy

Frank
01-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Anyone have a picture of how and where they mounted the crank sensor, if they are running a distributorless ignition with megasquirt???
I am planning on using the ford edis with a 35-1 trigger wheel and there isnt much room to make a good bracket for the sensor.

thanks,
Andy

I have a custom laser cut wheel laying around for the EDIS setup... I won't be using it if you would like to buy it for real cheap!

lancer402
01-19-2008, 10:05 AM
I have a custom laser cut wheel laying around for the EDIS setup... I won't be using it if you would like to buy it for real cheap!

Frank

Whats the diameter of the wheel? and thickness left PM

andy

Frank
01-19-2008, 10:08 AM
Frank

Whats the diameter of the wheel? and thickness left PM

andy

I will let you know. I can't seem to find it now. :( :confused2:

AzShadow
04-12-2013, 11:46 AM
bringing this up from the dead. any body got any pictures of their trigger wheel setup ?