PDA

View Full Version : T-III cam options

karlak
01-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Other than used cams or regrinds is there any vendor selling T-III cams.

Xtrempickup
01-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Nope stock, Reground or used

Lotashelbys
01-06-2008, 10:06 PM
I think Cindy has a few NOS cams but they are not cheap.

turbovanmanČ
01-06-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm looking at new billet units with Zin but time will tell.

I need to send some cams off to Delta cams, I think I am going to change my head so might as well upgrade, :D

bansheenut420
01-06-2008, 11:30 PM
Whats whrong with the current grinds out now? I LOVE mine. Totally woke the motor up. I dont think you will get people to pay for billet cams when people complain about spending more than 150 bucks for a good set of used cams. I think there are lots more things that need to come out for these motors than cams.

Just my .02

Lotashelbys
01-06-2008, 11:50 PM
I think there are lots more things that need to come out for these motors than cams.

Just my .02

Ya,like billet longer rockers with bronze shaft sleeves and my cool side-load washers and Rays replacable rollers:thumb:

turbovanmanČ
01-07-2008, 03:46 AM
Rays replacable rollers:thumb:

I thought I read those came apart inside his engine?

ShelGame
01-07-2008, 08:32 AM
I need to send some cams off to Delta cams, I think I am going to change my head so might as well upgrade, :D

I keep seeing everyone talk about Delta cams, but I can't find the contact info for them. Can someone post it?

karlak
01-07-2008, 09:43 AM
The reason I am looking is I have a exhaust cam that I am not sure can be saved. I am willing to give Delta a try. The intake has some pitting. The exhaust has trenches cut in it.

karlak
01-07-2008, 09:59 AM
http://www.deltacam.com/services.php

I am going to try them.

86Shelby
01-09-2008, 02:59 PM
I thought I read those came apart inside his engine?

No they didn't come apart; in fact the pins came through like troopers. When we designed them I didn't have any cams handy to notice that the cam journals don't ride centered in the cam bores. They sit off to one side. That caused some light interference issues between the cam journal and a rocker pin. The pin wore down the side of the cam journal a bit, but the pin was not harmed. Engine bearings are fine, but there was some damage to the oil pump due to the debris. To run all 16 modded rockers the cams will require some light machining on a lathe to make the needed clearance.

/ hijack

turbovanmanČ
01-10-2008, 01:32 AM
No they didn't come apart; in fact the pins came through like troopers. When we designed them I didn't have any cams handy to notice that the cam journals don't ride centered in the cam bores. They sit off to one side. That caused some light interference issues between the cam journal and a rocker pin. The pin wore down the side of the cam journal a bit, but the pin was not harmed. Engine bearings are fine, but there was some damage to the oil pump due to the debris. To run all 16 modded rockers the cams will require some light machining on a lathe to make the needed clearance.

/ hijack

Thankyou sir, :nod:

Can you update your thread then on what you did finally?