PDA

View Full Version : General: looking for a few mitsu turbo items

roachjuice
01-06-2008, 06:44 PM
doing a t2 swap in my brothers 86 glht and just lacking a few items to get back on the road.i need oil and coolant lines for a mitsu turbo. i also need swingvalve bolts, mounting bolts, and down pipe bolts. and if all possible i need ais and tps pigtails for later style t1 setup. thanks in advance.:thumb:

moparzrule
01-06-2008, 06:50 PM
I have an SS braided oil line for mitsu if you want, brand new never used with all the fittings and everything to install. $30 shipped

FYI- Beware of the swingvalves on mitsu's some ones have a different bolt pattern even the same year turbo.

roachjuice
01-06-2008, 07:31 PM
I have an SS braided oil line for mitsu if you want, brand new never used with all the fittings and everything to install. $30 shipped

FYI- Beware of the swingvalves on mitsu's some ones have a different bolt pattern even the same year turbo.
kinda looking for stock stuff but is it the feed and return lines?

moparzrule
01-06-2008, 10:12 PM
You don't want a used oil line, especially the stock steel tube tube they are known for blocking up and starving the turbo for oil. This line is $40+shipping from TU. Here's a link-
http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=144

The return is only a piece of silicone tubing (do NOT use rubber heater hose), unless you mean the metal tube that bolts onto the turbo.
Here's the silicone hose-
http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=156

roachjuice
01-06-2008, 10:32 PM
You don't want a used oil line, especially the stock steel tube tube they are known for blocking up and starving the turbo for oil. This line is $40+shipping from TU. Here's a link-
http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=144

The return is only a piece of silicone tubing (do NOT use rubber heater hose), unless you mean the metal tube that bolts onto the turbo.
Here's the silicone hose-
http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=156

yea i need the tube also for the return. i'll tell him about the feed line. thanks man.:thumb:

moparzrule
01-06-2008, 10:39 PM
Dude at this point it would probably be cheaper just to buy a known good running complete turbo, most guys on here would let one go for under $50 complete.

roachjuice
01-06-2008, 11:03 PM
Dude at this point it would probably be cheaper just to buy a known good running complete turbo, most guys on here would let one go for under $50 complete.
i've got one just no lines.

moparzrule
01-07-2008, 07:07 AM
and swingvalve...

roachjuice
01-07-2008, 08:01 AM
and swingvalve...

i have a wastegate, sv, and turbo, all i need is the oil feed and return lines with return tube coolant feed line. then i need the 4 mounting bolts that attach the turbo to the manifold and then i need the sv bolts. no sv just the bolts.:thumb:

moparzrule
01-07-2008, 08:12 AM
Oh my bad, I misunderstood. The manifold should have studs, you just need the nuts. Size is M10X1.5, get stainless steel.
For the SV bolts, M8X1.25. I think the 30mm is the correct length. Again stainless if you can.

tryingbe
01-07-2008, 12:32 PM
My local Aceshardware had all the metric bolts, studs, and nuts I ask for.

roachjuice
01-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Oh my bad, I misunderstood. The manifold should have studs, you just need the nuts. Size is M10X1.5, get stainless steel.
For the SV bolts, M8X1.25. I think the 30mm is the correct length. Again stainless if you can.

sweet. i didn't know if i could use stainless steel or not.:D

moparzrule
01-07-2008, 05:51 PM
SV bolts might be 25mm not 30....

roachjuice
01-07-2008, 06:29 PM
SV bolts might be 25mm not 30....

i'll just bring it with me. do i need lock washers?

moparzrule
01-07-2008, 09:57 PM
No, just wrench them down pretty hard. But do NOT use anti-sieze unless you want to keep replacing them from them popping back out. Nothing really works except keeping them dry and wrenching down nice and tight.