PDA

View Full Version : 84 Turbo Z wiring relay?

glhturbo1985
01-03-2008, 12:34 PM
in my turbo z, i have controls in the center console (under the armrest) for push button hatch release and gas door release. the gas door works fine, the hatch release does not.

there is power going to the button itself, i tested the push button, it works, i tested the release mechanism in the rear and it worked when hot wired..... does anyone know if there is a relay in the wiring for that circuit?

I have not checked for continuity between the switch and the release solenoid because my dad insists that it'd be a waste of my time. He's been correct in pretty much every other dispute between us... so I'm giving in this time. He thinks that a relay has gone bad in between but we cannot locate it with the resources we have available to us.

I have searched the service manuals for 85, and they don't show the controls being an option. I think the push button releases were only available 84.... I've checked on all the 85s and newer g bodies that I have ran into since purchasing my car and mine is the only one that has the push button option, (the rest have the pull levers at the driver's left hand side)

Even if someone happens to have an 84 service manual and can check for me.. I'd appreciate it. God Bless you if you can help me or have taken the time to read all this!

SwiftTech
01-03-2008, 04:31 PM
i have an 84 service manual and will look it up for you.

SwiftTech
01-03-2008, 04:46 PM
okay, there is no relay in that circuit. contrary to what your dad said you will have to check the continuity between the switch and the solenoid. This is easy, just check for voltage at the solenoid with the button pressed, if there is no voltage you have an open somewhere, if there is voltage make sure the solenoid has a good ground. I will attach a scan of the wiring diagram in a few.