PDA

View Full Version : DAYUUUUM IM GOOD!......paint pics inside.

1FastCSX289
01-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Actually, I'm clueless. But, thanks to Mike Reeves, Nate (88_pacifica) 1966_dart_wagon, and especially Clay, my bumper came out pretty damn good. The grill I painted was the first time I sprayed....this was the second and its considerably better than the grill. The wet sanding and buffing of the clear really helps. Thanks guys!

And yes.....my wife loves it when i put bumpers on the dining room table.:eyebrows:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6738&stc=1&d=1199320914

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6739&stc=1&d=1199320914

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6740&stc=1&d=1199320914

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6741&stc=1&d=1199320914

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6742&stc=1&d=1199320914

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6743&stc=1&d=1199320914

2.216VTurbo
01-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Hey Sean, was Charlie Brown visiting for Christmas? Just asking:lol:...

Sweet paint BTW, thanks for stealing the dining table punchline:mad: first thing I thought of;)

1FastCSX289
01-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Hey Sean, was Charlie Brown visiting for Christmas? Just asking:lol:...

Thats my 3 yr old son's Christmas tree. He likes to play with the ornaments on the real tree so we got him his own tree that he decorates about 150 times during the month of December.

We have a real one too......one that I trudged through the snow and the cold to cut down and drag inside!:lol:
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6745&stc=1&d=1199325455

CoolV300C
01-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Looks great. Decided how you will attach it yet?

cordes
01-02-2008, 10:38 PM
That does look good. What brand of gun are you using?

mark
01-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Whats for dinner honey...

bumper!

mmm mmm good!

1FastCSX289
01-02-2008, 11:07 PM
That does look good. What brand of gun are you using?

You'll laugh. I picked this gun up at Harbor freight only because I was using a crappy siphon feed campbell-hausfield P.O.S. I figured any gravity feed has got to be better. I was so impressed with this gun, im gonna get another. Slasky just went down with a coupon and bought one for like 8 BUCKS!!!!

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=47016

Looks great. Decided how you will attach it yet?

Im gonna screw it in at the wheel well edges and use RTV or something like that to adhere it to the front bumper (thanks for the idea).

Whats for dinner honey...

bumper!

mmm mmm good!

Yea, its still sitting there. I think I better move it to the basement before she throws it out the window into the snow!:lol:

Clay
01-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Looks good man! Glad I could be of some service, but YOU sprayed that! :)

and your right (at least IMO you are) on the gun. Crap gravity gun beats out any siphon feed Ive used!! Just keep the thing clean after your done using it.

1FastCSX289
01-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Looks good man! Just keep the thing clean after your done using it.

Thanks! And yea, I cleaned it up real good and sprayed pure thinner through it for 30 seconds or so. If it doesnt work next time, ill get another for 8 bucks!:lol:

cordes
01-02-2008, 11:31 PM
I actually did laugh out loud when I saw that. Thanks for the tip on the gun. That is what I will get if I am ever looking to spray something.

Aries_Turbo
01-02-2008, 11:51 PM
sweet!

does it have the little nubbies on the back of the bumper to go through the holes in the upper bumper cover?

Brian

1FastCSX289
01-03-2008, 12:14 AM
sweet!

does it have the little nubbies on the back of the bumper to go through the holes in the upper bumper cover?

Brian

Nope. Apparently, Kaminari stopped putting the nubs in the mold b/c the majority of people were not buying the air dams for CSX's. They were using them on Shadows and the nubbies just got in the way. So, now ive got to figure out how to attach it.

2.216VTurbo
01-03-2008, 02:11 AM
Nope. Apparently, Kaminari stopped putting the nubs in the mold b/c the majority of people were not buying the air dams for CSX's. They were using them on Shadows and the nubbies just got in the way. So, now ive got to figure out how to attach it.

If you NEVER want to remove it from the front bumper, just attach them together with "SMC Panel Adhesive" My buddy used to fix the composite Vette panels with the stuff and it is real tenacious.

88_pacifica
01-03-2008, 09:15 AM
Man, I didn't help you squat. That was ALL YOU and you did a damn fine job if I say so myself. That thing looks SHARP! You definitely buffed it out nice, smooth and "clear." Nice job... Make sure that you allow it sufficient time to cure as it will tend to crack if exposed to cold too soon. I usually go a week depending on the amount/thickness of paint.

You get an "A" for this class project ... :nod: :thumb: :D

1FastCSX289
01-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Man, I didn't help you squat. That was ALL YOU and you did a damn fine job if I say so myself. That thing looks SHARP! You definitely buffed it out nice, smooth and "clear." Nice job... Make sure that you allow it sufficient time to cure as it will tend to crack if exposed to cold too soon. I usually go a week depending on the amount/thickness of paint.

You get an "A" for this class project ... :nod: :thumb: :D

Ok, now I was trying to talk my wife into letting it sit on the dining room table for a week until cured, but we settled on the basement. Its probably like 50 degrees in the basement (maybe 55). Is that too cold or should I bring it up to the bedroom? ;) Its already been sitting down there overnight, so I hope it will be OK.

88_pacifica
01-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Nope, that's fine. Keep it out of moisture/dampness though and make sure that it isn't on the actual "ground" where it will draw moisture. I always make it a point to keep it away from "worst case scenario's." They always find me somehow... like accidentally being dropped and chipped, knocked off table/ledge, stepped on, tripped over, spilled on, or some other stupid erroneous event that just makes me SO HAPPY I don't have my own garage, the tools I need, and the proper equipment. However, I know this only happens to me and everybody else has perfect luck with the "fully loaded, proper facilities." :nod: ;)

1FastCSX289
01-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Nope, that's fine. Keep it out of moisture/dampness though and make sure that it isn't on the actual "ground" where it will draw moisture. I always make it a point to keep it away from "worst case scenario's." They always find me somehow... like accidentally being dropped and chipped, knocked off table/ledge, stepped on, tripped over, spilled on, or some other stupid erroneous event that just makes me SO HAPPY I don't have my own garage, the tools I need, and the proper equipment. However, I know this only happens to me and everybody else has perfect luck with the "fully loaded, proper facilities." :nod: ;)

I know what you mean.......the grill I painted got dropped and cracked. I had to start all over and repair/repaint the whole thing. I have a nice shop as a perk of my teaching job. But, I try to avoid leaving anything in the shop b/c im not the only one in there and stuff has been known to happen. So, I use the shop and bring my work home when I can. I have a garage, but right now its about 15* outside.

89ShelbyGuy
01-03-2008, 05:13 PM
Yea...the harbor freight ones are the ones i use like throw away guns, there cheap and decent for the paint job the first time and maybe a few times after its used brand new. To be honest i use the HLVP gun, not a HF pos..I don't think i will stick with it, using a gravity feed convenstional gun provided much better coverage, and a little more paint, but you won't be wet sanding as much either.. Looks good..now on to the whole car!

Tom

Orangetona
01-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Impressive, it looks really good. Nice job. :clap:

It was all you ;)

1966 dart wagon
01-15-2008, 10:41 PM
looks pretty freakin sweet dude, very nice and shiney, names Jack btw, ive been meaning to become a registred member, just dont have pay pall :thumb: Im glad to see you got it lookin good again

1FastCSX289
01-16-2008, 01:37 PM
looks pretty freakin sweet dude, very nice and shiney, names Jack btw, ive been meaning to become a registred member, just dont have pay pall :thumb: Im glad to see you got it lookin good again

Thanks Jack.

Turbodave
01-16-2008, 02:44 PM

Hi Jack (I'll take things you don't say on an airplane for $100 alex..lol..)

Send a PM to Frank, he should be able to figure out a way for you to join up without using paypal, good to have a real name to put with the user name finally.:D

1966 dart wagon
01-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Hi Jack (I'll take things you don't say on an airplane for $100 alex..lol..)

Send a PM to Frank, he should be able to figure out a way for you to join up without using paypal, good to have a real name to put with the user name finally.:D

HMM thats a good idea, maybe i can send him a check :D

Orangetona
01-17-2008, 06:41 PM
If we're talking about you becoming a supporting member, my first payment was with a check. Im sure he could work something out.

Now I just use paypal, its easier. ;)