PDA

View Full Version : Europe spec Diesel oil help please!

turbovanman²
01-02-2008, 07:28 PM
I have this German spec oil, its for Diesel and gas but doesn't list it as CH4 I believe for older diesels, will this work for my old 6.2L Diesel?

SYNTHOIL HIGH TECH 5W40 more >

- long service life for the engine due to very high level of protection against wear
- miscible and compatible with commercially-available engine oils
- rapid oil delivery at low temperatures
- very high lubrication reliability at high and low temperatures
- very high shear and ageing stability
- outstanding engine cleanliness
- smooth engine running
- saves petrol and reduces pollutant emission
- optimum oil pressure at all engine speeds
- tested with catalytic converters and proven performance with turbochargers
- extremely low evaporation losses

Energy-conserving oil for today’s engines. Reduces oil and fuel consumption. Optimum lubrication even under extreme operating conditions. With thermallystable wide-range viscosity. Immediate lubrication during cold starts and optimum oil pressure at all engine speeds. Lubrication is also reliably maintained at extreme temperatures. Optimum engine performance. Improved protection against wear and extended service life for the engine. Tested on catalytic converters and turbochargers.
Operational area: Year-round oil for petrol and Diesel engines. Especially suitable where there are long intervals between oil changes and extreme demands.

API SM/CF; ACEA A3-98/B3-98 Issue2/B4-98;
Liqui Moly recommend this product for vehicles for which the following pecifications are required:
VW 502 00 and 505 00, BMW Longlife -98; MB 229.1, 229.3; Porsche all models

RoadWarrior222
01-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Tested with cats doesn't sound hopeful for the oldskool scuff resistance additives. Though well run in motors probably won't have issues with it.

turbovanman²
01-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Tested with cats doesn't sound hopeful for the oldskool scuff resistance additives. Though well run in motors probably won't have issues with it.

It has 125000 km's. I am just worried about the lack of CH4 rating?

RoadWarrior222
01-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Oh it do have the API diesel rating there, it's CF, which precedes CG which precedes CH-4 :(

However..... it appears CF and CH standards were updates aimed at meeting 94 up California emissions standards for diesels, so if it's pre '94 it should be fine, probably came with it from the factory. CF still appears to be tolerated for off highway use in Cal...

turbovanman²
01-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Oh it do have the API diesel rating there, it's CF, which precedes CG which precedes CH-4 :(

However..... it appears CF and CH standards were updates aimed at meeting 94 up California emissions standards for diesels, so if it's pre '94 it should be fine, probably came with it from the factory. CF still appears to be tolerated for off highway use in Cal...

I can get Rotella which still has the CH4 rating?????

Being the oil is fully synthetic, that shouldn't matter? :confused:

RoadWarrior222
01-02-2008, 09:41 PM
oops sorry, put that wrong, CH and CG were updates for Cal emissions from 94 up, note I said precedes, not supercedes, latest rating is CI I think.