PDA

View Full Version : would it work??

shadowdude
02-19-2006, 11:56 PM
Me and a buddy of mine were thinking about an idea to do to a modded A413 Trans,we wanted to try and make the differential side a bit stronger ,soo instead of doing it to my new FWM tranny ( not even thinking about) we wanted to try this to his ,want if one wanted to fill the dif side only woht gear oil,weld the two holes that feed the dif with auto trans fluid ,seall the pinion seal so none of the oil could get back in to the main part .80w 90 oil would be a better lube for the gears then thin hot trans fluid.think we could do it?? or if that would be a good idea for a race application? lets talk

shadow88
02-20-2006, 12:04 AM
How could you keep them apart? The gears mesh between both halves you want to keep apart. Those gears were made for use in atf, so I see no reason to change that.
If you're having some kind of reliability issue with the diff, there are some upgrades for it. These trannies have been out for a long time and I'm sure if there was a reason to do what you plan to do.... someone would have done it.

TurboGLH
02-20-2006, 12:37 AM
I've never seen one, but it's my understanding that chrysler used to do that, back in the early 80's. They found that it didn't help at all and just made things more complicated.

SwiftTech
02-23-2006, 12:57 AM
the 42le's in the intrepid's and 300m's have sealed diffs with gear oil in them. It might just work but sealing it would be the hard part.

shadowdude
02-24-2006, 06:23 PM
yea sealing it is what we wondered about most .thats were we got the idea from was the 42le,s.it s just a pondering thought.