PDA

View Full Version : T-III Head Rebuild

karlak
12-30-2007, 11:19 AM
Looking for recommendations for someone that rebuilds T-III heads. Just want a basic rebuild for now.

RJ138
12-30-2007, 12:34 PM
Most headshops will be able to do everything except get you parts, you will have to find those on your own. It is nice to have people that are familar with the heads work on them though, Lonewolf Performance could do it.

iTurbo
12-30-2007, 03:05 PM
I've had one rebuilt by Lone Wolf and one rebuilt at a local machine shop. Both were similar in price (labor), although the one I sent LWP had a few extra things done such as dry flim applied to the cams and rocker shafts. If it is cracked you'll want to send it out so it can be fixed by a reputable shop such as Lone Wolf.

turbovanmanČ
12-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Try to find someone local, shipping isn't cheap and it can be lost. :(

Use friends or word of mouth, that way, you wont' get a crap job. All the parts needed are either at the dealer or FWD performance, no local speed shop carries anything but the cam seals, which I have listed in the alternate thread at the beginning of the TIII section.

iTurbo
12-30-2007, 05:44 PM
Try to find someone local, shipping isn't cheap and it can be lost. :(

+1. I lost $120 in shipping costs on the last head I tried to send to Lone Wolf. UPS attempted delivery three times and finally gave up and shipped back to me. Never got a clear answer on who's 'fault' it was, although I did get my stuff back with a damaged valve cover. That's why I went local.

karlak
12-30-2007, 07:52 PM
Thanks......... Got a couple of options local. I could always use Star Racing about 30 miles from here. They specialize in motorcycle heads but also do some automotive heads. Just have to give them my first born.

CSX428
01-02-2008, 08:19 PM
I have used Southern Cylinder Head, in Huntsville, AL, for a couple T-III heads. Neat work, never any problems, not too far from you.
Will