PDA

View Full Version : Clutch change 90 Dakota Sport 4x4

ScottD
12-29-2007, 07:03 PM
I just want to ----- and moan for a minute. Getting the transfer case out and trans out was pretty straight forward and easy.

Getting the bellhousing off has been a huge pain! Spent a lot of time on it today to get it off only to find it won't clear exhaust so I can get it completely off. :banghead: Well I guess I'll take the exhaust off at the manifolds and tack a new cat in there while it is off and easy to get to.

On the plus side the throwout bearing came out in pieces, so I know what that horrific grinding noise was :)

JDAWG
12-29-2007, 10:29 PM
I was just gonna say, yea you have to drop the downpipes, I would get new nuts and bolts or whatever.

ScottD
12-30-2007, 09:50 AM
I think I'm going to re-use the rusty exhaust bolts. That'll put me over the top in terms of my level of pissed-off-ed-ness.

JDAWG
12-30-2007, 01:38 PM
haha.

1966 dart wagon
12-30-2007, 06:04 PM
i know how you feel on the pissed-off-ness, you'll get back to it shortly, and do alot of burnouts :D...i would

Scottmon
12-31-2007, 10:35 AM
On the plus side the throwout bearing came out in pieces, so I know what that horrific grinding noise was :)

Yup, been there, done that. When Dak throwout bearings go, they go BIG!

ScottD
12-31-2007, 11:37 AM
The exhaust was fun to get off. Cutting the bolts with the flex shaft on my dremel was very entertaining.

Then I missed the one single bolt on the dust cover and the bellhousing was hung up on that. Yippee!

However, my level of pissed-off-ed-ness must've peaked yesterday because I wasn't terribly bothered by all this. I was almost to the peak of pissed-off-ed-ness yesterday .... tool throwing mode!