PDA

View Full Version : Interior: CSX Recaros

DC Turismo
12-27-2007, 03:55 AM
Putting a feeler out there for anyone that might have a nice set/decent set of recaros from an 89 CSX for sale. I'd really like to find a set to have for my car. Let me know if you do!

supercrackerbox
12-27-2007, 06:37 AM
I think there's been a guy advertising in the SDAC newsletter for quite some time who has one, and is looking to trade for a decent non-Recaro, or maybe it was the other way around . . . Worth looking into.

DC Turismo
12-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Thanks Adam, I have seen that but I'm not trading the original seats out of my car. I just hope to find a set of recaros to throw in and enjoy and keep the standard seats set aside for shows and what not.

I know it's a longshot, but Bump :)

supercrackerbox
12-27-2007, 12:03 PM
Ahh, I got ya.

CSX321
12-27-2007, 01:17 PM
Does Barry Miles still have a set for sale? I think he did at one point, but it's been a while.

DC Turismo
12-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Dave, can you PM me any known contact info for him?

1FastCSX289
12-28-2007, 01:47 PM
The guy who originally owned my car sold the recaros to this guy with the screen name "frostburner" on TD. I may still have his phone# (PM me for it). I was all set to buy the seats and the jack --- backed out on the deal last minute (literally as I was boarding the airplane to go get them) because he thought 600 bucks was too cheap. If youre willing to risk dealing with a not-so-straight-forward kind of guy, you could contact him. I would NOT suggest trusting him. But if you could get him to drop them off to a SoCal SDAC meeting and then have Alan or one of the other guys handle your money, it might be do-able. But, I wouldnt ever send him money via paypal and have him ship them.

CSX321
12-28-2007, 01:53 PM
Sorry, I don't have any contact info. I know the seats were for sale at SDAC-16, and I was thinking they were still on a "for sale" list at SDAC-17, but I could very well be wrong about that. Somebody else here might have a phone number or something for Barry. I see a post on td.com from a couple of years ago that says, "Barry Miles isn't really into computer or internet communication."

DC Turismo
12-28-2007, 05:25 PM
Sean, I tried setting aside previous bad dealings once with douchebag Brandon Knox, so I won't be trusting that frostburner guy after watching what he did to you. If anything I'll write to Alan and see if he'll be talking to him in the next few months...

Thanks Dave. I'm in no rush for a set, so maybe I'll try to catch him at 18.

1FastCSX289
12-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Sean, I tried setting aside previous bad dealings once with douchebag Brandon Knox, so I won't be trusting that frostburner guy after watching what he did to you..

I dont blame you. I wouldnt want them THAT bad either.:thumb:

DC Turismo
12-29-2007, 02:04 AM
Sean

Who did you buy your seats from? Were they on a message board or outside sale? J/W

2.216VTurbo
12-29-2007, 02:37 AM
Sean, I tried setting aside previous bad dealings once with douchebag Brandon Knox, so I won't be trusting that frostburner guy after watching what he did to you. If anything I'll write to Alan and see if he'll be talking to him in the next few months...

Thanks Dave. I'm in no rush for a set, so maybe I'll try to catch him at 18.

Frostburner is a WAAAAAY unstable dude. After he bought a decent VNT Shadow off a local member, he had some overboost issues (what VNT with exhaust mods doesn't?) We poked and prodded underhood and tried to fix it on our own time. Then next day or so when he still posted on the forums, formed his own conspiracy theory. Single bullet, Elvis is alive kind of stuff where the whole SoCal SD club is trying to rip him off on the Shadow. Next time I hear his name is when Sean had the seat deal in the works. I tried to push it to fruition but kinda knew Frosburner would harpoon it somehow. He did:( So unless he shows up unexpectedly at a monthly meeting, I don't expect to hear from him again. I also fear that VNT will never live again:confused: although he did spend some time making CAD/CAM drawings and posting them to the forums of all the sweet mods he was gonna do to it...

DC Turismo
12-29-2007, 02:41 AM
Alright, keep me posted if you would Alan! I'd appreciate it :)

1FastCSX289
12-29-2007, 09:15 AM
Sean

Who did you buy your seats from? Were they on a message board or outside sale? J/W

There was a guy who was selling something for an 89 CSX on ebay and said that he had other parts as well. I emailed him and it turned out he had a low mileage, PRISTINE, CSX he bought new and only drove on special occasions. Well, a drunk ran him off the road and totalled the car. He sold me the seats (front and back) for like 650 shipped and they are absolutely immaculate. Only problem is that they arent recaros, which mine came with originally. But, im OK with that for now. Better than the fast n furious race seats the car came with.:nod:

DC Turismo
12-29-2007, 05:29 PM
Gotcha. Well if you ever find recaros and wish to sell the standard buckets I'd be interested in 'em too since my car's a standard car! ;)

Maybe someone's made the new year's resolution to help someone out with getting those big recaro seats out of their storage facility though?! :):eyebrows:

TurbododgePirate
12-31-2007, 03:16 PM
I thought you were going to keep this car original though. It doesn't seem to make much sense to dump money into recaros that the car didn't come with.

Clay
12-31-2007, 03:53 PM
depends on how you look at it. You could by the recaros through Shelby's catalog if you wanted.

DC Turismo
12-31-2007, 10:44 PM
I am keeping this car original due to carshows that I want to take it to in the future. But I'm looking for a pair of recaros because I think it would be neat to cruise around with them in for a while though and enjoy them outside of shows if I can find a set. It would only take just 30 mins, if that, to swap out a pair of seats so that it would not be anything that would change the originality of the car. :)

Bump.

Clay, are you talking about the old catalog? Or is there a new one? I'm only looking for the ones that came as the other option seat wise in the CSX (gray fabric with black SHELBY lettering).

Lotashelbys
12-31-2007, 11:48 PM
It would only take just 30 mins, if that, to swap out a pair of seats so
What? I guess you dont work with an 18volt DeWalt cordless impart in each hand huh:D

Pat
01-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Sorry, I don't have any contact info. I know the seats were for sale at SDAC-16, and I was thinking they were still on a "for sale" list at SDAC-17, but I could very well be wrong about that. Somebody else here might have a phone number or something for Barry. I see a post on td.com from a couple of years ago that says, "Barry Miles isn't really into computer or internet communication."

I'm 99.9% sure that Nic Kuehn bought those seats. I see/talk to Barry often. I'll ask him next time we talk.

Clay
01-01-2008, 12:30 AM
Clay, are you talking about the old catalog? Or is there a new one? I'm only looking for the ones that came as the other option seat wise in the CSX (gray fabric with black SHELBY lettering).

Oh, the old catalog available when these cars were still new

DC Turismo
01-01-2008, 12:16 PM
OK, yeah these seats are NS1 lol!