PDA

View Full Version : euro spec lebaron (56k get a rope)

1966 dart wagon
12-26-2007, 01:24 AM
Hey guys, i ran across a euro spec lebaron at my school at south east tech in south dakota. I was talking with the auto shop teacher, who i am friends with his son and he was telling me they got it back in the late 80s. He mentioned from what it looked like the car had been hit by a deer and the show room guys were out 'hot rodding' it around and wrecked it so they had to get rid of it. So anyways they donated it to seti, they were in quite the hurry to get rid of it at the time. It has side makers also. He was also telling me the car has alot of power, he is familiar with dodges, made alot of money on rebuilding the older 4speed auto's and what not back in the day. Anyways he and his son say the car will easily break the tires in the first 3 gears, it is a manual, i still want him to pop the hood for me i havnt got to inspect that yet. I forget what he said it was, tIII or t IV and i as suprised anyways here are some pictures i'll see what i can do about bringing up some more info on the engine. Anyone else know any info on these cars, he mentioned that some of his earlier students looked up some info on this and found some stuff he couldnt recall any of it though.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa268/1966dartwagon/lebaronback.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa268/1966dartwagon/interior.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa268/1966dartwagon/front.jpg

DC Turismo
12-26-2007, 02:19 AM
Pretty sweet ride!

It wouldn't be a TIII, but rather a TIV as long as its a turbo (and since its a 5 spd). It would also have the a568 tranny! What are his plans with the car and how long has it been sitting?

More pics!

1966 dart wagon
12-26-2007, 04:42 AM
its been sitting for quite some time, for some reason he was saying it was a 87...but doesnt the tIV and it being the a568 and the newer round dash point to 90 and above. His son was mentioning that him and his dad were talking about pulling the engine/trans and putting it into an omni, the kid isnt a huge mopar guy(nissan guy) but likes the omnis and wants to autox with it. i wish i could have it :( and his dad mentioned that he didnt wanna get rid of it since its a somewhat rare piece of history. His son commented that they would just pull the engine/trans and junk it(if it came down to that) nobody would ever have to know

86Shelby
12-26-2007, 01:50 PM
I remember oogling over that car at SETI 7-8 years ago. It is a TIV, ran like a top back then. I ran across that while touring the school/shadowing a friend of mine in the auto tech program for a day.

raccoon
12-26-2007, 02:08 PM
was it ever exported? or just left over in Canada? im curious how its back in the states.

raccoon
12-26-2007, 02:09 PM
I also demand this car not be parted.

1966 dart wagon
12-26-2007, 03:46 PM
I also demand this car not be parted.

i agree, but it cannot be licenced, i believe it was never exported. they cant register it since sposably since its donated for educational puposes it can never be licenced, like many other cars we have. thats why they were discussing just pulling the engine/ trans heck if anything put a tbi engine in it, and just sit it there, nobody would ever know:eyebrows:

t3rse
12-26-2007, 07:42 PM
in some states such as Georgia you can get it titled as long as it has a vin...

2.216VTurbo
12-26-2007, 09:03 PM
Airbag car, so that makes it late build 88 or later, and that's not a 555 shifter:thumb: that makes it a '90 right, like Ray said TIV/568. Sweet save it:)

TopDollar69
12-27-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm not sure they had white painted lace wheels untill 91. Jack, is the car out where it can be seen or is it in a gated area? It would be pretty easy to look under the car and see if it has an intercooler or not. Either way it should have an A568 transmission. By the way, that is not an airbag. It is a dummy bag that fills the spot of an airbag.

Frank
12-27-2007, 12:12 PM
I think the dash style implies it is a 89 or above??? I can't remember...

85shelbycharger
12-27-2007, 12:14 PM
I think the dash style implies it is a 89 or above??? I can't remember...

'90 or above :thumb:

DC Turismo
12-27-2007, 12:45 PM
And judging by the center console that is a 92 and above (the console lid opens from front to back rather than side to side).

TopDollar69
12-27-2007, 07:29 PM
It can't be any newer than a 91 with those rims. They switched to the new style 16 inch cathedral style rim in 92 on the GTC. From what I can tell, the LeBaron console has always hinged from the rear on the 90+ interior. What we need is the VIN number from the car, that should tell us everything we need to know.

2.216VTurbo
12-27-2007, 08:22 PM
VIN # ? Isn't it more fun just to speculate about it.;) I do vote for some better pics though...

Gearhead24-7
12-27-2007, 10:22 PM
If it really is a T-IV, I'm willing to bet it's a '90. I think it's the only year it was offered in a J body. '92 was the last year for the hidden headlights. '91 was the last year for the 2.2 TI and '93 was the last year for the Coupe.

1966 dart wagon
12-28-2007, 12:59 AM
its in a gated area during the day ben, but the gate is open for students to walk on it, we could head over there some day, i dont think we'd get any grief anyways. i'll see what i can do about getting a vin number off it, and looking underneith it for a intercooler. THose pics were takin on my camera phone i'll see what i can do about borrowing my dad/moms camera to take some high rez shots :thumb: any other sugestions on pictures

raccoon
12-28-2007, 02:17 PM
the year isnt going to make total sense anyway since its for export, 89 cars ere are 90 cars over seas I believe one year behind anyway.

TopDollar69
12-28-2007, 04:46 PM
88 was the last year for a 2.2L TI. All TI cars were 2.5L 89-92. The car has to be a 90 or 91 because of the interior and the wheels. If it were a 92 it would have the newer style lace wheels and the lebaron gtc text would also be the updated style. So that makes it a 2.5L high torque or a 2.2L TIV. Either way it should have an A568 transmission. It almost looks like it had the VNT emblem on the black door frame, but they fell off or were removed. You can barely see the dark spot in the paint in the last picture. After doing some further looking it would seem the white GTCs had white wheels in 90 and 91. Most likely the car is a VNT since Ray remembers seeing it all those years ago. I'm curious to know what the VIN will come up with for a year since the export cars were always off a year.

1966 dart wagon
02-23-2008, 11:51 AM
well i was just told buy another guy that goes to school at seti, he is in auto mechanics, he states that it is a turbo III and that there are only 3 in the world, and the reason i didnt get any real awnsers from the teacher is cause he is suppost to be quite about the subject

GLHS592
02-23-2008, 12:01 PM
There was one exactly like that sitting outside the mechanical engineering building when I was at Tennessee Technological University in Cookeville. It was very tempting to "borrow" parts off of it. A friend of mine was an ME student and asked around about the car. It was donated to the university by Chrysler. In the agreement, they had to destroy the car after they were finished using it. The instructor was going to let my friend have the engine to give to me, before they crushed the car, but got cold feet.

2.216VTurbo
02-24-2008, 07:12 PM
The Fullerton College in SoCal had a White Shelby Dakota sitting there for years donated by Shelby. I described it in detail to Tim P. one day years ago and he said it sounded like one of the 360CI mules:wow1: It's been gone for years now so don't expend any energy thinking about what if's:(

1966 dart wagon
12-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Back from the dead with pictures and more info!:D

vin decoded:

Make : Chrysler
Type : Passenger Car
Model Year : 1990
Safety System : manual seat belt
Body : AJ: Lebaron 2-dr
Series : High
Style : 2-door Sedan/Coupe
Engine : Chrysler: 2.2L I-4
Check Digit : 9
Plant : St. Louis 1, MO
Serial Number : 447027

We already know what it is just figured id provide where it was built and such, ok now for the good stuff:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa268/1966dartwagon/1205081031a.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa268/1966dartwagon/1205081030c.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa268/1966dartwagon/1205081030b.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa268/1966dartwagon/1205081030a.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa268/1966dartwagon/1205081029b.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa268/1966dartwagon/1205081028e.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa268/1966dartwagon/1205081024b.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa268/1966dartwagon/1205081024a.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa268/1966dartwagon/1205081023c.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa268/1966dartwagon/1205081028c.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa268/1966dartwagon/1205081026c.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa268/1966dartwagon/1205081026b.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa268/1966dartwagon/1205081026a.jpg

First off in the pic of the seat, what is WING? bottom adjustment??

THE CAR HAD 347 miles on it....yes 347, not thousand a straight 347 :confused::eyebrows:...i want, the teacher mentioned to another kid something about it not selling or something(perhaps trying to cover up the story about it getting hit by a deer, and i said WOAH ID BUY IT RIGHT NOW, not for sale though :(

I feel really bad for the car, first off the kids get to work on it, everything except the engine and trans has been touched/removed, dash was removed earlier this year :(. on top some kids were outside starting it earlier in the year(cold out) so when it started they were reving it up and being a bunch of jackasses :mad: on top of that while i was checking it out some kids went dont mess with this speed demon, and i went actually whatever you drive it would probably beat you :lol:...chevy trucks and a grand am. Im going to decode the fender tag now.

1966 dart wagon
12-05-2008, 07:42 PM
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa268/1966dartwagon/1205081033a.jpg

20 picture limit so this one is added here, CB BS oil pan

1966 dart wagon
12-05-2008, 07:54 PM
ok no luck with a 1990 fender tag decoder, all i find are old car versions, can someone point me in the right direction? thanks

Polygon
12-05-2008, 10:03 PM
88 was the last year for a 2.2L TI. All TI cars were 2.5L 89-92. The car has to be a 90 or 91 because of the interior and the wheels. If it were a 92 it would have the newer style lace wheels and the lebaron gtc text would also be the updated style. So that makes it a 2.5L high torque or a 2.2L TIV. Either way it should have an A568 transmission. It almost looks like it had the VNT emblem on the black door frame, but they fell off or were removed. You can barely see the dark spot in the paint in the last picture. After doing some further looking it would seem the white GTCs had white wheels in 90 and 91. Most likely the car is a VNT since Ray remembers seeing it all those years ago. I'm curious to know what the VIN will come up with for a year since the export cars were always off a year.

Yep. I would have said this is a 1990 VNT GTC as well, for those exact reasons.

So, please tell me you're saving the poor thing. It's probably like one of five or less exported.

j4278h
12-06-2008, 12:39 AM
take it in the middle of the night and replace it with a v6 auto baron. Nobody will ever know the difference.

86Shelby
12-06-2008, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the pics!

I just talked with my buddy that went to school there and he remembered the car only because I made a big deal out if it back then. He rembered the same thing that Clint said; it was one of just a few made with those options. "Four or five, something like that is what we were told."

1966 dart wagon
12-06-2008, 09:35 AM
take it in the middle of the night and replace it with a v6 auto baron. Nobody will ever know the difference.

if that would only work :( I just feel so bad knowing students are taking it apart, Cause if they are anything like the kids in my auto body class, some car and some are just there to screw around and waist time, it doesnt make since, I figured I'd go there and have alot of students willing to even go out of there way to learn stuff, nope, I can honestly say we have maybe 4-5 kids that actually wanna learn the stuff in a class of 28. Hell last year when I was on the auto body side(not paint like I am now) I remember as much as 4 people showing up for the morning classes of frame pulling and theory :confused:

Well thankfully I know the Auto teachers son very well, he knows that Im interested in the car, so if anything does become of it he would let me know. He that he mentioned it to his dad(auto teacher) about He likes omni's and swapping all of this into one, It could be done but for the TIV, i suggested not, plus with it being in what car its in, you'd be crazy to strip it IMO

TopDollar69
12-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Jack, the 90 specific book hasn't been posted yet, but this 91 list should be pretty close.
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/580/IMG_0849.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/580/IMG_08501.jpg

TopDollar69
12-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Also, it looks like someone already swiped the original leather shift knob and replaced it with the base model rubber one.

crazymadbastard
12-06-2008, 01:24 PM
the wing button must be for the seat side bolsters. Well, maybe they can't sell it but could donate it to me :D
heck in 1 more year I won't need a title or even a bill of sale to register it here in Connecticut.:eyebrows:

Polygon
12-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Yeah, the wing button is just for the side bolsters just like on the older style enthusiast seats.

How sad, they are just going to tear it apart. I get it for learning sake, but tear apart something like a crap old Civic nobody will miss. :(

86Shelby
12-06-2008, 03:46 PM
How sad, they are just going to tear it apart. I get it for learning sake, but tear apart something like a crap old Civic nobody will miss. :(

I understand, which I agree with to a point. The flip side of the coin is those cars would otherwise be destroyed. It's a stay of execution if you will. If it hadn't been for cars like this in the hands of the schools I wouldn't have been able to go through a TIV in my engine theory class. :)

Or take the Lumina my old school has which shouldn't have gotten out of the factory. It's a base model with the DOHC v6 and a 5 speed(ala Z34). I didn't believe it came that way until I checked the VIN & RPO codes. Wierd car that would be great for hustling kids on the street with. The W-body friends I have thought it was cool, but terrible that its in the hands of a school to be a guinie pig and that someone doesn't actually own it.

1966 dart wagon
12-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the vin guide book Ben. Either I cant read or something is off a couple things were not on the list. I'll try and post them in an order of how the tag looked:

3 21 048223
END
JPH JPK LAC LDK NAA
ABB AGT(OR SIX??) DDV HAA JPG JPA
A16 E5352001 AJCH21
APA PW7 GW7 XLD5 EDR
DDV G 1C3BJ41C29LG447027
----------------------------------------------------------------------
second tag next to it:
------------------------------------

CHRYSLER MOTOR CORPERATION

1C3BJ41C9LG447027

1840 KG
3040 KG
1 1024 KG
2 845 KG

------------------------
Thats all, I found some options like high back seats, the HD maunal Trans, I also could have read it wrong, i wiped off what I could of dirt and whatnot. So G's might be 6's. I'll have to talk to the teacher more about it this week, see what his long term plans are for the car, since legally he cannot sell it, and it cannot be driven on the streets, either can any of the cars that are donated :(

I also just noticed according to the book it weights around 2800lbs, thats light especially for it having power everything and all the fancy stuff, weird since it has a radio delete panel though

TopDollar69
12-06-2008, 10:27 PM
JPH-Door locks power
JPK-Power 8 way drivers seat
LAC-? LPC - European tail lamps
LDK-?
NAA-? NHA - Engine oil cooler
JPA-Windows power
JPG-? JFG - Turbo boost gauge
HAA-Air conditioning manual
DDV-5spd manual HD
AGT-GTC performance package
ABB-European equipment group
APA-Monotone paint
PW7-Paint bright white
GW7-Bright white clear coat
EDR-2.2L TIV
XLD5-Interior medium quartz

TopDollar69
02-06-2009, 04:51 PM
I made some changes to my list with some guesses as to what some of the others might be since Jack wasn't sure if he wrote them all down correctly. Here is the breakdown I got from the VIN number, it's more complete than the fender tag. I believe some of the options are listed with their newer meanings.

APAS Monotone Paint
BANS 120 Amp Alternator
BCDS 500 Amp Maintenance Free Battery
CLES Front Rear Floor Mats
CUFS Full Length Floor Console
CUNS Overhead Console
CXCS DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE
DLDS 2.7 Overall Top Gear Ratio
GBBS Tinted Windshield Glass
GFAS Rear Window Defroster
GNCS Sun Visors w/Illum Vanity Mirrors
HGAS Hood Insulation
JDKS DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE
JHAS Var Intermittent Windshield Wipers
JHCS Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers
JJAS Cigar Lighter
JJBS Dual Note Electric Horns
JKAS Locking Glove Box
JKBS Inst Panel Mounted Hood Release
JKDS Remote Fuel Door Release
JKES Remote Trunklid Release
JLJS Body Controller
JPAS Power Windows
LACS Illuminated Entry
LAGS Warning Chime
LAKS Headlamps On Warning Chimes
LBCS Glove Box Lamp
LBDS Ash Tray Lamp
LBJS Ignition Halo w/Time Delay Lamp
LBKS 3 Function Message Center
LCBS Door Courtesy Lamps
LCES Rear Courtesy/Reading Lamps
LDCS Trunk Lamp
LETS Traveler/Mini Trip Computer
MCRS MOPAR Chrome Front Air Deflector
MDAS Front License Plate Bracket
MHAS Black Windshield Moldings
MXAS Front Air Dam
NAAS Federal Emissions
NBKS EVAP Control System
NDAS Catalytic Converter
NHMS Speed Control
QW7S Bright White Clear Coat
RDCS Power Antenna
SBBS Firm Feel Power Steering
SUAS Tilt Steering Column
TBCS Compact Spare Tire
XFAS -35F Protection Anti-Freeze
XPBS Undercoating
YABS Build To Export Mkt. Specifications
YCBS Motor Vehicle Theft Protection
1AUS Export Homologated
106S Zone 06-Export
Optional Equipment
Code Description Code Description Code Description
*XL Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
-D5 DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE
ABB European Equipment Group
AGT DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE
AJTP Radio Prep Group
BHCP Electronic Parking Brake
BREP 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
CACP Low Back Bucket Seats
CDBP Reclining Front Seats
CGKC E-Marked Seat Belts
CKBP Floor Carpet
CLAP Front Floor Mats
CLBP Rear Floor Mats
DBBC All Manual Transmissions
DDV 5-Speed Manual Transmission
EAAC All Engines
EAFC DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE
EDR DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE
GADP Tinted Glass Windows
GNBP Driver Side Illuminated Sun Visor
GNHC Vinyl Sun Visors
GRGP DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE
GSGP DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE
GTGP Power Fold-Away Mirrors
GVBC All Vehicles W/Power Mirrors
HAA Air Conditioning
HGDP Deluxe Insulation Group
JALP DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE
JFGP Turbo Boost Gauge
JPHP Speed Sensitive Power Locks
JPKP Pwr 8-Way Drvr Mem 4-Way Pass Seats
JPWP DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE
JRSP Power Driver Recliner Seat
KVAP DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE
K3WP DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE
LALP Low Washer Fluid Warning Signal
LAMP Door Ajar Warning Lamp
LANP Decklid/Liftgate Ajar Warning Lamp
LMBP Halogen Headlamps
LMDC Front European Turn Signal
LPBP Rear License Plate w/Lamp Bracket
LPCP European Tail Lamps
LPGP Rear Fog Lamps
MMCP Upper Door Frame Moldings
MMEP Chrome Belt Moldings
MMGP Belt Moldings
MTAP Bright Liftgate Applique
NHAP Engine Oil Cooler
PW7 Bright White Clear Coat
RA8P Delete Radio
RCDP 4 Speakers
SCJP Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
SDEP Sport Suspension
TAAC All Tires
TVPA P215/55R17 BSW Performance Tires
WNBP 16X6.5 Aluminum Wheels
XEAP Tow Hooks
YGGA 9 Additional Gallons of Gas
YHDP DCX Controlled Conversion Center
Z07P Rear Spring Group Vii
Z63P Left Front Spring Group XII
Z81P Right Front Spring Group X
3D1A Intl. Price Protection A
3HMA Coso Spbr Not Required
3HQ Market Homologation
3HW Export Ocean Freight
3HZ Export Insurance

usetaboost
02-08-2009, 02:47 PM
There's hardly any turbo dodge cars in my area it's a crime to see one that is gonna end up getting trashed.

Lookin for a cheap turbo dodge:thumb:

TopDollar69
02-08-2009, 02:54 PM
It's already trashed from sitting outside and being disassembled by idiots.

MopàrBCN
02-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Well, this is indeed an interesting configuration from a european prospective. Fact is, the only GTC cars officially sold in Europe were 2.2 Turbo II Manual or 3.0 V6 Auto both as coupes or convertibles.

There was a very rare species of v6 Manual Lebarons which, so the legend goes, were basically sold to chrysler employees in Europe and very few of them are seen on the road.

One quite plausible way for this discussed car here to become Euro Spec is that it was brought in by US Army Service people and later sold to civilians or licensed to european specs for other reasons.

Fact remains, If it is a VNT (I don't know the Engine Code "C") then it is definetly a Grey Import from the USA to Europe - not an official import.

TopDollar69
02-08-2009, 05:08 PM
I edited my post again, as I missed alot of the options. the car is definitly a euro spec model, as it has the euro equipment package.

phantomrt
08-16-2009, 07:31 PM
Cool! Wouldn't it be something if the car had adjustable suspension? The buttons appear to be gone if they ever existed. Note the collapsible mirrors, too. The Euro spec Daytonas also came with those--it must be a requirement on vehicles sold in Europe during this time.

The 1992 Euro spec Daytonas had glass headlights, and supposedly they would also be aim-able. We have hi-beam and lo-beam, the European ones have that and actually aim. Since the J-bodies had 2 sets of headlights, that may not have been an issue?? Anyone know more about this?

This car was probably never sold.. especially with such few miles on it. It was built for the European market (or lack of) and then just donated by Chrysler for the tax write-off.

Funny how these kids say it would light up the tires in 3rd gear. Doing it on snow/ice/water doesn't count.

I so want parts off of this thing! Those seats are probably mint!

TopDollar69
08-16-2009, 10:24 PM
I think the seats are very sun rotted, but I bet the steering wheel is mint. It's really a sad deal that the car is just going to ruin. Maybe someday it will end up in the junkyard and we can pilage it for parts. Possibly all the eurospec VNT lebarons were scraped for some non conforming euro regulation, as it appears none of them ever made it overseas.

Tony Fields
08-16-2009, 11:05 PM
Well, this is indeed an interesting configuration from a european prospective. Fact is, the only GTC cars officially sold in Europe were 2.2 Turbo II Manual or 3.0 V6 Auto both as coupes or convertibles.

There was a very rare species of v6 Manual Lebarons which, so the legend goes, were basically sold to chrysler employees in Europe and very few of them are seen on the road.

One quite plausible way for this discussed car here to become Euro Spec is that it was brought in by US Army Service people and later sold to civilians or licensed to european specs for other reasons.

Fact remains, If it is a VNT (I don't know the Engine Code "C") then it is definetly a Grey Import from the USA to Europe - not an official import.

Engine code "C" is a VNT! I have a problem with the tail lights. Looks like
it has an amber section. I have not seen any '90 GTC's with that. My
tail lights are all red and black.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/518/medium/12.jpg

Garffus
08-17-2009, 07:30 AM
The Euro spec Daytonas also came with those--it must be a requirement on vehicles sold in Europe during this time.

The 1992 Euro spec Daytonas had glass headlights, and supposedly they would also be aim-able. We have hi-beam and lo-beam, the European ones have that and actually aim. Since the J-bodies had 2 sets of headlights, that may not have been an issue?? Anyone know more about this?

yep. all euro cars have to have collasable mirrors, probably because of the crazy French and Italian drivers scaping body work, double parking etc etc. :D However I'm always glad to have them when you get back to your car after shopping to find the mirror facing the wrong way! Id rather bend it back than replace the whole dam thing, or worse, a side window, or A-pillar, or...

The lights, this is now law for new cars too, never used to be, but it allows you to change the angle of the lights to keep them aiming down to the correct point on the road and not blind people if you have a boot full of heavy stuff or something.. quite handy.. and yeah my 93 Daytona has it.

hope this helps

Garffus
08-17-2009, 07:37 AM
I think the seats are very sun rotted, but I bet the steering wheel is mint. It's really a sad deal that the car is just going to ruin. Maybe someday it will end up in the junkyard and we can pilage it for parts. Possibly all the eurospec VNT lebarons were scraped for some non conforming euro regulation, as it appears none of them ever made it overseas.

I've seen a euro spec, white, covertable, 90 GTC VNT at a local car show, hung around it for a while looking for the owner who never showed :( shame, it would have been good to swap details. It was mint:thumb:

EDIT - having said that, it had the folding mirrors and glass headlights, but actually i cannot verify this was a true 'euro spec', and its too late now!

mcglsr2
08-17-2009, 08:29 AM
I have a problem with the tail lights. Looks like
it has an amber section. I have not seen any '90 GTC's with that. My
tail lights are all red and black.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/518/medium/12.jpg

i would venture a guess that the taillight configuration was changed for the euro spec cars. the UK license plate is long and skinny, a different shape then ours. it wouldn't fit in the "stock" US plate location. if you look at the pic of the tail lights, that big grey section in the middle is where the UK plate would go - thus the difference between your taillights.

TopDollar69
08-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Yes, the tail lamps are euro spec as per the fender tag.

LPCP- European Tail Lamps

WickedShelby88
08-17-2009, 05:43 PM
This car does have one way to live. Since the interior is probably in need of some help cause of the sun here in Illinois a "body swap" is acceptable repair. So what you do is get a rotted to heck GTC and do a body swap? Or even one with a nice interior get it totaled. Even if it ended up with a salvage title it would great to save a car like that and preserve it rather than wait till the potentially very good sheet metal went to waste! I never saw mention of the condition of the floors and rockers. I imagine after seeing no road salt since mile 347 or whatever its probably one of the most solid shells one could ever find. PERFECT to use to save another or preserve history?

TopDollar69
08-17-2009, 07:47 PM
The trouble is getting them to sell it.

JohnnyIroc
08-17-2009, 09:52 PM
find a way to get it

TopDollar69
08-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Trust me, I've thought about it. A Lebaron with no title isn't worth going to prison over, is the real issue.

86Shelby
08-18-2009, 12:52 AM
Ah come on the value of the car shouldn't be high enough to be charge with GTA. ;)

TopDollar69
08-18-2009, 06:40 AM
A better question yet might be, can you be charged for GTA on a car that isn't supposed to exist?

WickedShelby88
08-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Well I wasn't implying taking the car, lol. But I wonder if a swap with a similar car to the school would be worth it or not. Supposedly one of 5.. Maybe.

JohnnyIroc
08-18-2009, 01:12 PM
so if you get away with it what can they do the car is not in existence
so you would have a car that does not exist!
that would be cool

WickedShelby88
08-18-2009, 11:15 PM
I wouldn't simply do a dash swap. I would make it a legitimate body swap and do it right. then get it state police inspected through the local body shop. Not much to it. Can't afford to fix the brakes on the van so its a pipe dream anyhow. Better to pillage the car I suppose.