PDA

View Full Version : fuel mixture with cold starts

shadow88
02-19-2006, 01:12 PM
I'm going to be running at least one cold start injector on my car this summer.
I'm in the process of making a new intake manifold with a larger plenum and shorter runners, elbow from an older 3.3l plenum and a 56mm tb.
My question is, has anyone run separate egt's (4) to see how well the fuel distributuion is between cylinders?
I'm kind of curious if it mixes evenly. I've read the dodge garage daytona setup, and it seemed to work well, but I was wondering if anyone has followed up on it.
Please don't tell me to get a custom cal or anything like that as i already have one. Boost should be in the 22-25 psi range.
I figured nitrous injected pre throttle body seems to mix fine so why not fuel?
Thanks for any input-jaim.

cordes
02-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Why not just shoot it in through the top of the intake like Carl did in his charger? One mister nozzle above each intake port. I am thinking of doing the same with no2 fogger nozzles.

shadow88
02-19-2006, 11:57 PM
I have no idea who you are talking about, but if you have pictures that would be great.
Hmmmm, this could get real tricky.
I suppose that just about guarantees equal fuel mixture now, wouldn't it.

cordes
02-20-2006, 12:06 AM
I have no idea who you are talking about, but if you have pictures that would be great.
Hmmmm, this could get real tricky.
I suppose that just about guarantees equal fuel mixture now, wouldn't it.

Here you go.

http://66.78.24.116/index.htm

Check out the alky injection that he has on his charger. Pretty sweet.

shadow88
02-21-2006, 04:42 PM
Ok cordes, that's super cool. Thanks for finding that info. I noticed the same guy is also using cold starts on top of the alcohol.
My new intake design will not make that easy, or even plausible. Any other inputs on even fuel distribution?

Murphy
02-21-2006, 05:52 PM
if your doin a whole new intake why not build it so you can run 8 injectors instead of 4?

cordes
02-21-2006, 11:26 PM
if your doin a whole new intake why not build it so you can run 8 injectors instead of 4?

+1. If anything you could run No2 nozzles to the back or front of the plenum. Heck even on the back side of it in the runners should work. You would have to use braided lines though as the heat would be a doozie back there.

Dave
02-22-2006, 10:38 AM
Frank ran 4 EGT's on his car. He said #3 cylinder was the hottest, I think this was just due to coolant flow, and not A/F ratio.

shadow88
02-22-2006, 10:55 PM
Dave - thank you very much, that was the type of answer i was looking for.
I was really curious about the fuel quantity making it to the far cylinders (1+2) This intake has the plenum completely above the runners.
When I was dreaming up this manifold, I was only after improving airflow into the plenum, based off a picture on td.com. The additional injectors were never a consideration at that time, It should be done within a week or 2. When it's together I'll post pics for you. Thanks for all inputs.-jaim