PDA

View Full Version : How to remove Daytona front nose?

3Bar_Mopar
02-19-2006, 12:44 PM
Is there any tips or hidden bolts I should know about? I need to install my big IC and I'll have to remove the nose first.:thumb:

CDNTurboZ
02-19-2006, 01:54 PM
what year of daytona?

Its probably the easiest to jack the front end up so you have easy access, as well as removing the front wheels. (it will be much easier to remove those plastic guards in the wheel wells)

I know for first gen cars you have to remove those inner plastic wheel well pieces on the fenders (they are usually held on by those plastic rivets) While you're there also remove the plastic rivets that hold the sides of the front clip to the wheel well.

Then remove the chin spoiler (it is the worst part in my opinion lol), there are about 10+ screws holding it up by from my experience every daytona that I have done those screws are rusted pretty bad. (letting them soak for a day in liquid wrench, etc before hand isn't a bad idea)

Once that is off, right by the rad support there are two angled black plastic pieces that hide access holes to get at the front clip bolts. (these are usually attached via plastic rivets)

It is a good idea to unplug the lights now (so there not in your way later)

Next you can either reach up or down and you'll see that the front clip is attached to the bumper again with plastic rivets, you'll need to remove these as well.

Now again you can reach up the fender, or go on top through a little tight space to remove the two bolts on each side that attach to the fender (I think they're 10mm in size)

I am sure there are differences with later daytonas, but hopefully this will give you an idea of what to do

steve

3Bar_Mopar
02-19-2006, 02:27 PM
I am sure there are differences with later daytonas, but hopefully this will give you an idea of what to do

steve
Yeah...mine's a '90....thanks for the tips though! :thumb:

Garret
02-19-2006, 03:32 PM
you need a 10 mm socket for the bolts, and you'll need several (20ish) new push in clips because you'll cut that many to get it off, there is the 2 nuts per side that hold it on as well as 1 10mm bolt that holds the middle piece of bumper cover on so you'll need to do that as well. Then there is some clips that hold the nose to the bumper so you'll have to cut those as well

CDNTurboZ
02-19-2006, 07:45 PM
you need a as 1 10mm bolt that holds the middle piece of bumper cover on so you'll need to do that as well.

crap I totally forgot about that one lol:p

Garret
02-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Money was sent out today by the way

CDNTurboZ
02-19-2006, 07:49 PM
Money was sent out today by the way

cool:thumb:

WOP'R
02-22-2006, 02:07 AM
its not to complicated, i installed and removed my 88 style and put my 89 style nose on, i then took this one off about 6 times (test fitting the intercooler)

pull out or cut off the plastic plugs that are attached the the nose from the fender (there werent any on mine:confused:)

and the plastic cover that hides the gap between the nose and rad

unplug all the lights
unbolt the 4 10mm bolts on each side of the fender (go from the top)
unbolt the one bolt attached to the rad sapport

SLOWLY pull the nose off, its best to have someone help you because remember your dealing with old plastic that has been in that shape for over 15 years and it would like to warp a little

thats about it
any questions fire away

TurboXT
02-22-2006, 04:57 PM
you need a 10 mm socket for the bolts, and you'll need several (20ish) new push in clips because you'll cut that many to get it off, there is the 2 nuts per side that hold it on as well as 1 10mm bolt that holds the middle piece of bumper cover on so you'll need to do that as well. Then there is some clips that hold the nose to the bumper so you'll have to cut those as well

where do u get the new clips.

Garret
02-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Autobody place would be cheapest because you'll need about twenty, failing that the help section at most parts stores will work for you

GLHSKEN
02-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Online from an autobody store. You can get 50 or so for 1/10 the price the help section wants.