PDA

View Full Version : WNY-SDAC! Anyone drop my grill?

1FastCSX289
12-19-2007, 01:46 PM
I went back into my back room and found my freshly painted CSX grill had been dropped. The paint, of course is destroyed, and the grill is cracked. I dont think it was like that after our meeting on Saturday, but I figured I would check. Im trying to narrow down the time in which it happened. Its not the end of the world, but I have to strip the whole thing again, epoxy the crack and repaint. So, that pretty much sucks.

88_pacifica
12-19-2007, 01:57 PM
It was me... I did it while you weren't looking... Just to be a dik. :nod: :D

1FastCSX289
12-19-2007, 02:08 PM
It was me... I did it while you weren't looking... Just to be a dik. :nod: :D

Shove it.:blah:

mark
12-19-2007, 04:07 PM
NO. Not me. Every time i went in there to look for bolts, I saw it up there and was careful. Even if there was a remote chance it got bumped by one of us I am sure they would step up and have told you... I think everyone that was there knew what that part was.

i think i forgot to get my gtp badges and my engine lift lock pin?

worst case, how much to repaint it? since everyone was there to work on my car I will pay for it...

slasky
12-19-2007, 04:29 PM
this grill????

http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/27391.jpg?is=350,350,0xffffff

1FastCSX289
12-19-2007, 05:03 PM
i think i forgot to get my gtp badges and my engine lift lock pin?
I put the badges and stuff in that box. I will bring them to the next meeting if you remind me.

worst case, how much to repaint it? since everyone was there to work on my car I will pay for it...

Its not the money. I mean a whole quart of the paint is like 60 bucks or whatever....and its not like it takes a lot of paint to do a grill......its more time than anything.......and even thats not it....... Its really the fact that it got knocked over and no one says anything......just pisses me off.

this grill????

Yes! Thats the one! I thought it was lost forever and now my CSX will be complete again!

Orangetona
12-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Wasnt me, I would have said something. Besides, I spent like a whole 2 minutes in there haha. Hey, if you need some paint, throw me a paint code and I can mix some up for you, as well as a good cost on it. ;)

mark
12-19-2007, 09:08 PM
was it damaged while in the storage room, or while it was out on the desk?

i sent john an email, and I will call him tomorrow. if it was an accident, which i am sure it was i will take care of it however you want me to. wether its helping you, or paying for it to get repainted at a dealer. you know how those chevy guys are, clumsy dorks.

someone said they saw him do it, but he never mentioned it to me, he was my guest so I will cover the damages.

1FastCSX289
12-20-2007, 12:29 AM
was it damaged while in the storage room, or while it was out on the desk?

i sent john an email, and I will call him tomorrow. if it was an accident, which i am sure it was i will take care of it however you want me to. wether its helping you, or paying for it to get repainted at a dealer. you know how those chevy guys are, clumsy dorks.

someone said they saw him do it, but he never mentioned it to me, he was my guest so I will cover the damages.

Not a big deal, Mark. Ive got is scuffed already and I epoxied the cracks. Tomorrow I will dura-glass the big one and hopefully prime it.

I really wasnt super happy with the paint job anyways. I will get some more practice.

Just let him know it would have been nice if he said something.

Hey, if you need some paint, throw me a paint code and I can mix some up for you, as well as a good cost on it. ;)

I have enought to redo the grill, but I might take you up on that when I go to paint the airdam.

mark
12-20-2007, 12:45 AM
i sent him an email, he said he did bump it, but he looked at it and it looked fine thats why he didnt mention it, he said it could have been bumped/knocked by someone else. Anyways, he said if it was damaged he didn't see it and if he did see it he would have said something.

so, he's sorry and he said you can beat me up to take aggression out, but I think I am getting the short end of the stick on that one...

quantum
12-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Hey Sean, mind pm'ing me the paint code when you have a sec. I need to repaint my from clip at some point so i'll need it down the road.

1FastCSX289
12-20-2007, 09:43 AM
i sent him an email, he said he did bump it, but he looked at it and it looked fine thats why he didnt mention it, he said it could have been bumped/knocked by someone else. Anyways, he said if it was damaged he didn't see it and if he did see it he would have said something.

so, he's sorry and he said you can beat me up to take aggression out, but I think I am getting the short end of the stick on that one...

Honestly, I didnt notice it right away either. I put it away in my storage room on Saturday and it must have been AFTER it got bumped....never saw anything, but I didnt look at it close either. I pulled it out to look it over yesterday and I noticed a chip in the paint on the corner and a few scuffs in the paint. So, I looked closer and I saw the cracking in the paint and then I realized the crack went all the way through to the back side. It looks like it fell on the corner of the grill.

I will probably pass on beating you up.....but you never know...so you better watch your back.;) :lol:

Hey Sean, mind pm'ing me the paint code when you have a sec. I need to repaint my from clip at some point so i'll need it down the road.

According to the can of paint, its a code PR1/HR1 Exotic Red.

mark
12-20-2007, 10:06 AM
once i get my trailer i'll let you rip around my quad...

trailer hitch came in yesterday... getting bolted to the honduh this weekend!

now, just gotta find/build me a trailer!

Orangetona
12-20-2007, 06:38 PM
According to the can of paint, its a code PR1/HR1 Exotic Red.

I can mix you a whole quart of basecoat for 22.98 plus tax. Or a Pint for 12.08 + tax. If you need some help with that stuff LMK.

1FastCSX289
12-20-2007, 08:38 PM
I can mix you a whole quart of basecoat for 22.98 plus tax. Or a Pint for 12.08 + tax. If you need some help with that stuff LMK.

Yea, ill probably have you do a quart for me. PM me your number and I will let you know. I will see if I can arrange to pick it up from you sometime next week.....maybe on my way home from Syracuse a day or so after Christmas.

Thanks.