PDA

View Full Version : New Toys for the Omni!

mock_glh
12-18-2007, 12:22 PM
I treated ol' Ugly to some new upgrades last night and was very pleased with the results. My new Moates Ostrich emulator was loaded with Brian Bucar's 2.5L G-head version of the Blueberry 60 cal, modified for some RC Eng. 750cc injectors (high impedence, BTW), and 3 bar MAP. I raised the fuel tables 500 microseconds for the injectors, adjusted the pumping efficiency for for my head/cam combo, and set the staging and rev limits to my needs. I plugged it all in , fired it up and took it out on the road. Wow! This thing runs great! Tonight I'll hook up the Zeitronix and dial it in some. Other than the cold startup being a little rough, it's pretty close to being right on. :thumb:

Aries_Turbo
12-18-2007, 01:27 PM
glad you like it. i really need to update that cal though. i made it a while ago. since then, jeff C and I and some others on moparchem have reverted the tables back to stock and then have been making some better changes than the ones that were included with BB60.

maybe ill take a peek at it this winter.

Brian

Aries_Turbo
12-18-2007, 01:28 PM
btw, how you like ostrich?

can you flash directly from D-cal?

Clay
12-18-2007, 03:03 PM

^^^^^^ inquiring minds want to know!!

mock_glh
12-18-2007, 03:15 PM

The Ostrich uses a program from Tunerpro called EmUtility. You load your cal into it with "write file to emulator", then select "monitor file for changes". When you make a change with D-cal and save it, it is automatically uploaded to the Ostrich. Your car can be running when you do this! Once you're dialed in you just burn your saved cal to a chip and you're good to go. It's awesome. Everybody should have one of these. :thumb:

Aries_Turbo
12-18-2007, 03:28 PM
The Ostrich uses a program from Tunerpro called EmUtility. You load your cal into it with "write file to emulator", then select "monitor file for changes". When you make a change with D-cal and save it, it is automatically uploaded to the Ostrich. Your car can be running when you do this! Once you're dialed in you just burn your saved cal to a chip and you're good to go. It's awesome. Everybody should have one of these. :thumb:

thats awesome! im going to save up a little and get one.

Brian

contraption22
12-18-2007, 08:04 PM
I'm jealous. Not just because you have this device, but because I would not be able to identify it if you handed it to me.

TurboBuggy
12-18-2007, 09:40 PM
Ive been running an ostrich for about 2 years and its worth every penny, I love that thing! Although a week ago mine got a little wet and decided to crap out on me :mecry:

so for everybody that has one in the engine bay I recommend waterproofing it somehow :thumb:

I'm jealous. Not just because you have this device, but because I would not be able to identify it if you handed it to me.

http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?cPath=50&products_id=169

4cefedomni
12-18-2007, 09:45 PM
lol, i read this stuff and feel really dumb.

mcsvt
12-18-2007, 11:20 PM
That seems like a great tuning tool.

mock_glh
12-20-2007, 03:06 AM
Update! I hooked up the wideband and took it out for a spin. Here are a graph and a datalog of a 4th gear pull from 3800 t0 6200 on the freeway.

Aries_Turbo
12-20-2007, 10:05 AM
which version are you using? the one i gave you?

Brian

mock_glh
12-20-2007, 11:36 AM
It's the one with the '85 timing tables.

Aries_Turbo
12-20-2007, 05:55 PM
oh ok so the old one.

are you going to have time to test the new one that i sent you?

Brian

Captain Chaos
12-20-2007, 06:18 PM
lol, i read this stuff and feel really dumb.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger bro.

mock_glh
12-20-2007, 06:44 PM
oh ok so the old one.

are you going to have time to test the new one that i sent you?

Brian

I will, just not right now. I'm going to the track tonight if it doesn't rain. I'm definitely interested in some of the stuff the new one does so I'll try it later.

Boyd

Aries_Turbo
12-20-2007, 08:46 PM
ok no prob. :)

I need to make a "how to do cals 101" course :) ill see if i can work on some how to tutorials over Christmas.

Brian

johnl
12-20-2007, 08:49 PM
Update! I hooked up the wideband and took it out for a spin. Here are a graph and a datalog of a 4th gear pull from 3800 t0 6200 on the freeway.

From the .zto file I see about 5 seconds over 20 lbs and much of it 24 -25 lbs while the fuel holds solid in the 12s:thumb: Nice job.

2.216VTurbo
12-20-2007, 10:41 PM
I will, just not right now. I'm going to the track tonight if it doesn't rain. I'm definitely interested in some of the stuff the new one does so I'll try it later.

Boyd

It's raining off and on at my house and I live about 40 miles from Boyd and the track.:mad: Maybe the weather is better up north:)