PDA

View Full Version : Quick Wideband Question

badandy
12-13-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm going with Innovative for starters:

I read that the LC-1 has two outputs. If running a gauge (which I will) that takes you down to one output left correct? If I wanted to similate my stock O2 with the remaining output than how can I datalog too? It sounds as if I would actually need 3 outputs to do everything I want. Can I just "T" off of one of the outputs so that I may datalog if need be?

Clay
12-13-2007, 02:44 PM
with the Innovate you data log through though a different port. You hook your computer up with one of the cables supplied that plugs into one of the "in" / "out" type ports on the gauge or the LM1 (I cant remember which, exactly).

either way, you dont use the output wires to datalog.

clay

badandy
12-16-2007, 02:58 PM
with the Innovate you data log through though a different port. You hook your computer up with one of the cables supplied that plugs into one of the "in" / "out" type ports on the gauge or the LM1 (I cant remember which, exactly).

either way, you dont use the output wires to datalog.

clay
Thanks buddy:thumb:

GLHNSLHT2
12-16-2007, 05:40 PM
There's 2 analog outputs, and a serial cable. You use the serial cable to datalog or to daisy chain to their other accesories or the XD-16 gauge. You use one of the analog outputs to run their non-serial gauges, the DB, G2, G3 gauges. The other analog output you wire into the stock O2 signal wire.

One analog output wire channel comes preset to act like a narrowband sensor. So that's the one you wire up.

Clay
12-16-2007, 11:10 PM
there ya go! serial cable! thats what I was lookin for!

overlordsshadow
01-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Installing this same rig tomorrow. Anyone have any suggestions for installation of a wideband? If you have info on this particulate one even better.

daytonaturbo87
01-07-2008, 01:16 AM
I think it would be a good idea to install it maybe 2ft further downstream than the stock location. Keeping it at the turbo may cause the sensor to run too hot. I believe the instructions for the LC-1 recommend this as well.

GLHNSLHT2
01-07-2008, 01:30 AM
The LC-1 just says keep under 900 degrees at the bung, and if it's hotter how to build a heat sink or buy theirs. Doesn't say anything about how far to mount it away from the turbo or exhaust.