PDA

View Full Version : Rampage MS Sorted out

Rampage16V
12-12-2007, 12:10 PM
So Pat(PimpDaddyPatty) and I think we have my Mega Squirt sorted out. It is using the stock 05 crank angle sensor or NGC sensor. I was having problems with it loosing sync. So after changing the sensor, using shielded cable grounded on both ends and a noise suppressor at the power wires of the unit to no avail. We installed large resistors on the injector wires and now have Success!
These resistors are standard SDS system resistors used for low impedance injectors.
So now that that is out of the way I can continue on with some other issues. I just bought a holeset HX35W off of ebay which will be fitted to the car. And I will be installing the ATB Gary Peloquin diff in the 413 trans. If I have enough time before the first event I would also like to install the 3 gallon fuel cell I purchased a few years ago

"Top Fuel" Bender
12-12-2007, 02:10 PM
way to go :hail:
not ready for the 16v quite yet
but still unsure way more people don't go megasquirt
keep us updated with your progress

mcsvt
12-12-2007, 02:21 PM
This is great news! I can't wait to hear more progress :nod:

Aries_Turbo
12-14-2007, 12:43 PM
megasquirt is nice. its especially nice for a 2.4L or a 2.0L cause there is much support for it on both neons.org and msefi.com.

for a 2.2/2.5L, id still stick with the factory cal as a base though. but then again i do my own cals.

nice job on the rampage. cant wait to see how it performs.

are you running the flyback setup on the MS for the low impedance inj in addition to the resistors?

Brian

Rampage16V
12-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Yes I'm running version 3 ms2 which has the flyback board built in. But I was loosing sync on the crank angle sensor the resistors along with redoing the pulsewidth modulation seems to of stopped this.
I too have done well with the stock smec type cals but now I want to try something different and the ms is easy to use (after alot of reading) And this way I can use the stock crank angle sensor and coil pack.

Aries_Turbo
12-14-2007, 11:49 PM
yeah using the stock sensors would be nice.

not to throw a wrench in the works but there is a guy on TD working on an adapter to allow the 2.4L crank and cam sensors to talk to the smec/LM and then drive the coil pack. :) once the bugs are worked out, im going to use it on another project of mine.

i would like to try dual fuel systems on the MS. One fuel rail and injectors for gas and one for methanol. :)

Brian

turbovanmanČ
12-15-2007, 01:58 AM
Thats awesome Dean, great job, :thumb:

Speedeuphoria
12-15-2007, 03:27 AM
So Pat(PimpDaddyPatty) and I think we have my Mega Squirt sorted out. It is using the stock 05 crank angle sensor or NGC sensor. I was having problems with it loosing sync. So after changing the sensor, using shielded cable grounded on both ends and a noise suppressor at the power wires of the unit to no avail. We installed large resistors on the injector wires and now have Success!
These resistors are standard SDS system resistors used for low impedance injectors.
So now that that is out of the way I can continue on with some other issues. I just bought a holeset HX35W off of ebay which will be fitted to the car. And I will be installing the ATB Gary Peloquin diff in the 413 trans. If I have enough time before the first event I would also like to install the 3 gallon fuel cell I purchased a few years ago

Great news, is the motor toast now or do you have another running?
Would be interested in more info/specs of the build and goals

Rampage16V
12-15-2007, 10:12 AM
i would like to try dual fuel systems on the MS. One fuel rail and injectors for gas and one for methanol.

Now that would be really cool! and very doable!

Rampage16V
12-15-2007, 10:16 AM
http://www.ontarioshelbydodge.com/forums/imagehosting/1346f860b4f3255.jpg
http://www.ontarioshelbydodge.com/forums/imagehosting/1346f706cc3d8c5.jpghttp://www.ontarioshelbydodge.com/forums/imagehosting/1346f8610f04b9c.jpg
Great news, is the motor toast now or do you have another running?
Would be interested in more info/specs of the build and goals

The motor that blew up was my 2.5 hybrid. This is still my first 2.4 I've done.
I would like to build a car that can bracket race.

I'm using an early head just so I could continue to use my intake and exhaust manifolds. Bottom end is JE pistons 8.8 and eagle rods. My 57 trim turbo hasn't survived the conversion its smokin'. So I am going to install a holeset over the winter.

BadAssPerformance
12-15-2007, 10:47 AM
Good to hear you're getting it sorted out Dean! I didnt even try to use the factory crank or cam sensors with the FAST setup.

btw...

:needpics1:

Rampage16V
12-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Good to hear you're getting it sorted out Dean! I didnt even try to use the factory crank or cam sensors with the FAST setup.

btw...

:needpics1:
Hows that? Any requests just ask

BadAssPerformance
12-15-2007, 12:41 PM
Looking good! Post it up in the 2.4L swap thread :thumb:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19893