PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Hate to do this but... 85 SC street/drag car

altered7151
12-09-2007, 02:34 PM
I hate to do this, but my current situation dictates it. The car is in Reno, Nevada but I've moved to South Florida. As much as I love the car I just dont have anywhere to put it and need the money. So here's a rundown on the car: It was on its way to becoming a full blown drag car, but as it currently sits its completely street legal and has passed smog here in Nevada. When I got the car the interior was crap so it got removed, the drivers seat has been replaced with a race seat from summit and I have a second seat that was meant for the passenger side but was never installed. The door panels, sail panels, headliner, and dash are all still in the car and functional. I drive this car on the street, and while I wouldn't want to make a 300 mile roadtrip in it, its most definitely road worthy. If you had an interior from a wrecked or rusted out SC you could make this one super comfy & fast street car. Now for the good stuff, this thing is a blast to drive. Here's a quick list of the drive train related parts and mods:

True 89 TII common block motor (forged crank and rods)
All clevite bearings throughout with less than 1000 miles on motor
Cylinders honed with fresh sealed power rings, also < 1000 miles
ARP Rod Bolts professionally installed.
ARP 11mm head studs. (Full studs, not bolts)
85 Turbo Bathtub head, fully cleaned in a Tsunami machine, combustion chambers deburred and polished, stock back-cut valves, ports matched to intake and runners completely cleaned up with a mild port job. Exhaust runners have been polished. PT lifters with proper shims and conical valve springs installed.
Refinished cast TBI valve cover.
2-Piece intake manifold, halves port matched, intake runners cleaned up, lumps removed in intake with mounting bosses welded and reinforced. Intake neck cleaned up and ported for 52mm throttle body.
Mopar +40 injectors.
52mm Throttle body.
Walbro 255 in-tank fuel pump
Heavily ported stock exhaust manifold (its value greatly increases if you consider the money I spent in medical bills to get the metal sliver out of my eye from porting :thumb: ) Bolt pattern has converted to a standard T3 pattern.
60 Trim T3 Compressor with a .63 Exhaust housing, turbo was completely rebuilt and professionally balanced at the same time engine was rebuilt.
Custom 3" downpipe with V-band clamp mating to the full length TU 3" exhaust and 3" magnaflow stainless muffler. Second 02 bung also installed in downpipe for wideband tuning.
Tial 38mm external wastegate with custom mount and seperate 1.5" dump tube.
Magnecore 8.5mm wires from FWDP
Custom 2.5" steel mandrel bent intercooler piping
Custom dual core intercooler with 2.5" inlet/outlets. These are the
Supercoupe cores, not the much smaller turbocoupe cores.
HKS SSQV Blow off valve.
Radiator has been converted to aluminum scirocco radiator to allow for proper routing of intercooler lines.
Dual aftermarket electric fans on radiator with custom aluminum shroud, fans activated by both ECU and manual switch on dash.
Transaxle converted to 555 manual, P-Body shifter and cables installed.
TU 4-puck ceramic clutch and blue extreme duty pressure plate. (This clutch is very driveable on the street)
Electronics have been converted to 89 SMEC ecu
Jason Richardson's flash module installed and operating on SMEC. Calibration can be fully tuned using Chem and D-Cal, then flashed to the ecu in about a minute. No more waiting for custom calibrations from vendors, then having to send them back when you upgrade parts. Very simple to use!
Gauge pod on A-pillar with Autometer 20"vac-30psi boost gauge and Westach EGT gauge (probe tapped and mounted into exhaust runner #4)
Autometer 5" monster tach on dash, and Autometer pro-comp oil pressure and water temp gauge in dash where stereo used to be. (Who needs a stereo when you have a 3" exhaust and open external wastegate?)
Dawes Device A/F gauge mounted in stock gauge panel

The car does have a rebuilt title on the car, but this was basically because it was in a fender bender with the previous owner and the cost to fix the car was greater than the current value of a baseline 85 charger. Nevada does not offer the chance for a title to be returned to a regular title upon inspection, so depending on your state laws a regular title could be reinstated if you're worried about that. All the body work on the car has been done, and the car is in a flat black sealer. Dont mistake that for primer, as primer attracts water and causes rust, sealer does not. I replaced the rear bumper cover and front nose with much nicer ones I pulled off an SC in the yard here. I also have a spare front air-dam and at least one if not two spare front fender extensions. The rear tail lights have also been replaced with the much cooler looking (in my opinion at least) early model charger/turismo tail lights.

Included with the car will also be a VERY low mile set of Centerline Storm lightweight forged 15x7 wheels with MT 24.5" slicks mounted on the front, and Moroso DS-2 skinny drag wheels mounted in the rear.

Along with the stuff already installed on the car, you'll also get an awesome spares package. And by spares package I mean everything TD related I own.

A-413 turbo auto transaxle with Cheetah reverse pattern manual valve body installed
Spare SMEC ecu that has already been socketed. I also have several spare chips for this ecu that will come with it. So if you dont feel comfortable with tuning via d-cal and chem yet, you can install the socketed board and chip.
Set of pizza wheels with decent street worthy tires on them
Nice "C casting" common block
Good 2.5 crank
A box with all the internals for a common block motor minus pistons, so spare rods, hardware, etc.
Spare body parts, air damn, fender extensions, and other stuff that I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Like I stated before this car is in Reno, Nevada and I'm in south Florida so I'll do the best I can to answer any questions and get pictures to you, but obviously I'm a little limited due to being 3200 miles away. I would obviously prefer that the car be picked up, but transportation MAY be able to be arranged in the western states at your cost. And for the right deal transportation MAY be able to be arranged further than that. Here are all the pics of the car I currently have:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b318/altered7151/IMG_1203.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b318/altered7151/IMG_1202.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b318/altered7151/IMG_1201.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b318/altered7151/IMG_1205.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b318/altered7151/IMG_1204.jpg

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/IMG_1126.JPG

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/IMG_1128.JPG

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/IMG_1129.JPG

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/IMG_1308.JPG

And to prove the whole car does work together and in fact scoots pretty good, here's a video of its last outing in September:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o2/Nitroushane/th_57ChevyvsWhitechevyII.jpg (http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o2/Nitroushane/?action=view&current=57ChevyvsWhitechevyII.flv)

Will make someone and outstanding deal on this, now stuck in florida and need money to move back out west! tylerbrower@gmail.com. Thanks for looking!

altered7151
12-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Offers? Bump!:thumb:

gvare001
12-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Man to bad you didn't bring the car down south with you, I probably would off seriously look at it, looks like a nice build. Love that wastegate setup.

altered7151
12-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Well if it doesn't sell it will eventually be out here with me. I work at a race shop now, so if it does come out here its going to become a full blown 16 valve drag car. I'm up in Boca, if you're ever in the area sometime let me know.

gvare001
12-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Yeah I was going to school at FAU in Boca last semester. There are very few TD's around here. It's so funny when I go to the tracks.

turboaddict
12-14-2007, 02:56 AM
a bump for a great car, and there isnt any rust!! i'd buy it if my current situation didnt dictate that my bill have doubled. this car was built by an engineer and it shows !!!

88_pacifica
12-14-2007, 10:22 AM
Well if it doesn't sell it will eventually be out here with me...

Hmmm... this is a damn fine example of a well designed and thought out package. Based on the first line in which you said it could NOT go with you, this is somewhat contradictory. IMO I would keep this car in any way possible and FIND a way to make it go with you, no if, ands, or buts. I would NOT let go of a car that has that much time and money invested already unless you are determined to get rid of it and there is absolutely NO WAY it could ever go with you. Just my .02... :nod::confused2:

altered7151
12-14-2007, 08:14 PM
Well it does not absolutely have to go, but I'm selling my house and taking a loss on it, and renting a place here in Florida. So I wont really have a place to store it here, plus it's going to cost me a good chunk of change to get it out here. But... if it doesn't sell I'll have to store it in Reno for a while until I have the time and money to come back and get it. Then its going on our new chassis plate at the shop and getting a full cage and 16 valve setup.

Clay
12-14-2007, 11:56 PM
Tyler, I would hate to see the car go! That thing is to sweet!

I have to ask, how do you keep the hood on the car with all of the rad support missing? duz fasteners Im guessing?

altered7151
12-15-2007, 12:14 AM
Its just on there with hood pins, quick and dirty, but gets the job done!

altered7151
10-01-2008, 03:56 PM
A bump to the top for this one, The car is now in florida, BUT... My job out here didn't quite work out, and I cant really afford to move it back to Nevada with me. If anyone is interested I will make them a SWEET deal on this thing.

2.216VTurbo
10-02-2008, 12:44 AM
Man that sucks Tyler, I was kinda liking the racing pics you were feeding us here and there:( No other prospects/contacts you've made in the industry that would keep you in the sunshine state? Not that there is anything wrong with NV:)... I hope you are able to work things out.

88_pacifica
10-02-2008, 08:05 AM
My job out here didn't quite work out, and I cant really afford to move it back to Nevada with me....

SOB... I'm sorry, that totally sucks arse. Can you go back to whatever you were doin in Nevada, or even take that experience elsewhere?

altered7151
10-02-2008, 10:33 AM
The racing isn't over, just going to be relocating and doing it on my own terms. The three of us that are going off on our own are all from Reno, and none of us are that found of Florida. This way we can do what we love, and do it where we want to live. Problem is its going to be pretty tight until we get things going. There are plenty of TM's floating around out in NV, so when things get going again I'm sure I'll pick another one up. Until then we're going into survival mode.