PDA

View Full Version : Best A/F ratio datalogger?

cleverklutz
12-08-2007, 04:00 AM
First off I'm not exactly working on a turbo Dodge. It's sort of an import actually. I have a 2007 Suzuki Kingquad 700 4x4 atv that I'm wanting to turbocharge. I have a computer that will work perfectly with a turbo, but I need to be able to monitor sensors and graph data to be able to dial it in correctly.

Here's what I need to be able to do:
1) Record data for at least half an hour, preferably longer and directly to a laptop.
2) Be able to take inputs from a minimum of 2 5V sensors, preferably 4.
3) Be able to graph a/f ratio against rpm, other sensors and time
4) Be able to configure parameters for the 5V sensors such as the TPS (0-100%) MAP (45-100kpa for the 1 bar) etc.

The four sensors that I want to graph as well as the a/f ratio are the MAP, ECT, IAT, and TPS.

To modify the fuel and timing maps in my ecu I need to know engine rpm and what it's reading on the MAP. There are a total of 288 cells that can be modified to add or remove fuel, or in the timing map to advance or retard timing. It's the perfect setup for a turbo because as the MAP senses increasing boost you can dial in added fuel and retard the timing!

Here's a screenshot of my volumetric efficiency (fuel) table so you have an idea of how this works and what I need.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5926/vdiscreenshottv4.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vdiscreenshottv4.jpg)

I didn't even know that such dataloggers even existed until I stumbled across them doing some google searches an hour ago. All the ones I found were wicked expensive. I don't need gauges and displays, I only need to be able to do datalogging to dial it in.

If anybody has any idea as to what units would work that would be great! I'm looking forward to your response.

Thanks much,
Ben

GLHNSLHT2
12-08-2007, 12:07 PM
www.innovatemotorsports.com

1FastCSX289
12-08-2007, 12:53 PM
www.innovatemotorsports.com

+1

:nod:

Aries_Turbo
12-08-2007, 12:55 PM
www.wbo2.com

Brian

cleverklutz
12-08-2007, 11:37 PM
I made a duplicate thread on turbododge's site and one guy suggested using the Zeitronix box. Has anyone had experience with it? It sounds pretty good to me. $279 gets you the box with input for MAP, EGT, tach, TPS, and 1 user input. It comes with a wideband O2 sensor. Also it takes 72 samples per second of data and can do datalogging for 7(?) hours.

Thanks again for your help,
Ben

Aries_Turbo
12-09-2007, 12:20 AM
thats pretty good.

if you already have a palm pda with serial cable, you can get the wbo2 2j1 for 222$ and use the palm as a display and that is with the sensor. its 327$ for the unit, sensor and display.

I have the wbo2.com 2a0 diy kit. i built it myself and use a palm pda as a display. it was ~190$ when the sensors were cheaper from www.1stvwparts.com (37$) and it works great. logs 3 0-5v sources and 3 thermocouples or 6 0-5v sources and no thermocouples.

i did have a friend that had the zeitronics and it showed a different value than the dyno wideband that he was on so I dunno.

Brian

GLHS592
12-09-2007, 12:22 AM
I have a Zeitronix. I really like it. The fact that it will log almost everything (EGT, A/F, RPM, boost, etc.) was a big selling point to me.

bansheenut420
12-16-2007, 07:21 PM
+1 for the Zeitronixs. Did some datalogging last night, and it made me remember why I bought it. :D

mock_glh
12-17-2007, 04:28 PM
i did have a friend that had the zeitronics and it showed a different value than the dyno wideband that he was on so I dunno.

Brian

I tried my Zeitronix unit in the tailpipe and it showed much leaner than it does in the downpipe.

Aries_Turbo
12-17-2007, 06:14 PM
but did you have a tailpipe adapter that doesnt dilute the mix with outside air? the dyno probe does way in there and has a pump to make sure the mix is for real.

im not saying the zeitronics is bad... im just saying that a person that i know showed it to be slightly off.

Brian