PDA

View Full Version : Trade: this for a GLH.......

fastasleep
12-06-2007, 10:17 PM
It is my drag kart. I would like to find someone who is into drag racing karts to trade me for a GLH. Pics of the kart are in the gallery here. If you are interested, I will give you more specifics. Just a shot in the dark, guys. But I have had so much fun building this van, it has made me miss my GLH. Anyway, let me know if you are interested.

-Les

Turbodave
12-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Looks like fun, what engine is on it?

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/744/medium/008.JPG

fastasleep
12-07-2007, 06:59 AM
Thanks, Turbodave!
It is an 836cc. It started as an old Honda SOHC 750. It has been rebuilt (obviously), and doesn't have very many passes on it since the rebuild.

-Les

BIG PSI
12-07-2007, 10:01 AM
My question is do you run the 1/8 mile or 1/4 with it ?

I have NEVER seen one of these, what times does it run.

Do you have any video of it in action ?

Chuck

fastasleep
12-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Right now it is set up to run 1/4, but I have not run it at a quarter mile track. I usually go to the 1/8th-miler about an hour away. With the quarter mile gears it has gone as fast as 89 mph., but that was not my best time. Problem is that the gears are all wrong for the 1/8th, so I am only shifting once way at the big end.
I can make a vid. if you would like. BTW, these are (as far as I know) not built for a sanctioned class per se, but we have fun with them in my neck of the woods. Here, there are a lot of Banshees, golf carts, lawn mowers, bar stools and karts that race at local tracks. I think it all started with guys getting ripped and racing their pit bikes, or whatever they had.
I dunno, but it is fun as hell!

-Les

fastasleep
12-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Oh, times......I think the best ever was right at a 7.85 (is that right?). Anyway, I think the re-gear will help for the eighth.

-Les