PDA

View Full Version : FS/FT: 1991 Dodge Daytona C/S competition package

ScottD
02-17-2006, 02:35 PM
1991 Dodge Daytona C/S competition package (Option Code AGS)
1 of 150 built total
1 of 29 white cars (white w/ white pumpers)
1 of 26 factory AC delete cars
153k miles

The AGS package consists of the 2.5 high torque Turbo I, A568 5 speed transmission, Shelby-spec suspension and brakes, no gfx, only bulge hood and rear spoiler. The car also has factory cruise control and power locks. The car was all stock when I got it except for 2.5 inch exhaust which sounds nice.

Since that time I've:

- installed new headliner
- installed new motor mounts and trans mount
- installed new shifter bushings
- installed new fuel filter
- installed new fuel injector o-rings
- completely rebuilt the vacuum harness with a vacuum block
- installed new water pump
- installed new timing belt
- stripped and polished the factory valve cover
- installed radiator intercooler from a 90 VNT Daytona and airbox and hoses from an 89 T2. The coolant overflow bottle wouldn't fit, so I used one from a 92 Laser and made custom brackets for it, as well as brackets for the rad/ic. It is not a hack job, it looks factory.
- installed new oil feed line
- installed new MP head gasket and head bolts

The car is straight unmolested car. The underside of the driver's door has some minor rust, and there is a dime sized rust hole on the floorboard (under driver's side where firewall meets floor, easy fix).

It has a few issues. There is a power feed issue somewhere, perhaps a fusible link. The interior lights don't work and the radio display doesn't get power, so the radio doesn't work. The driver's side headlight is lazy. The tach and odo are dead, and the turn signal switch likes warmer weather. Oil puddles on top of the trans, I'm not sure why it is doing this, I have yet to be able to track this down. It might be a PCV issue, I'm not sure. Odometer died shortly after I bought the car, and the tach is dead too.

This car just needs someone to finish up these last items. I'm selling the car because I was originally going to convert my 89 C/S to a 568, and I want to carry through with that project and don't need two Daytonas that are both intercooled A568 cars.

I bought the car in April 2005 fand I paid $1600 for the car. I want $1850 for the car as it sits or $1600 for it if I remove the rad/ic set up and re-install the stock T1 rad and airbox. I am pretty firm on these prices, I think these prices are more than fair considering all the time, effort and $ I have into the car. I also know what the car is and want it to go to a good home, I'm not going to sell it to be parted out. I'm not really interested in a trade, but let me know what you've got and I'll consider it.

Car is located in Walkersville, MD. Email me at sdrega@juno.com. I can email pictures back as well.

Scott
86 GLHS #408
89 Daytona C/S competition package
91 Daytona C/S competition package (FOR SALE)
92 Spirit R/T
04 SRT-4 (Electric Blue)
05 Neon SXT 5 speed
Walkersville, MD

ScottD
02-26-2006, 07:48 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4617025285

Now on ebay with NO RESERVE!

ScottD
03-06-2006, 09:34 AM
Well, my ebay auction came and went with no bids. I had the car listed at $1400 with no reserve.

I can store the car, but after some thought I'd rather not do that.

I am open to offers and trades for parts as well.

91DSX
03-06-2006, 01:48 PM
Can't believe it did not sell, I want it but have no room!
Here are some other facts that will hopefully attract a buyer:
--Last "official" FWD Shelby inspired vehicle produced by Chrysler
--91+ K-frame with the Cast A-arms
--The big brake setup 11.2in rotors up front and vented 11in rear
--Large Spline A-568 trans
--Power distribution block under hood wire harness
--Most modern interior IMHO
--Common block/head
--Super rare!!!

This car needs to get finished, someone give it a good home!

ScottD
03-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the bump. Drove the car today and it was running really well. I converted it back to T1 and I guess the modified 89 T2 airbox I was using with the intercooler was not ideal because it ran just as well if not better without the intercooler. I guess when intercooling these later cars using the stock airbox with the VNT upper and lower hoses is the way to go.

ScottD
03-08-2006, 08:51 AM
Well, I drove the car to work yesterday and on the way home the turbo started smoking.

I was going to store this car and drive it now and then, and now since I can't really drive it, I'm going to reduce the price. I just don't have the time to put into it, I'd rather put time into my 89 C/S and GLHS, which is why I wanted to sell this in the first place.

Reduced to $850. If it doesn't sell whole I will part it out.

uwilluz
03-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Scott,

I have dibs on the car! give me a couple days and I will see if I can get up there to pick it up!!

glht_omni
03-08-2006, 02:32 PM
too bad your too far away.

ScottD
03-08-2006, 03:18 PM
A couple of people have said that. This is a good deal just for the parts on the car alone. Mitsu turbos are cheap and plentiful. I'd put another one on there, but don't want to spend the time, but maybe in the end that would be less work than parting it. You can do alot worse for $850 for a car that just needs a turbo to be back on the road. The headbolts are new, you could even use those again.

JuXsA
03-22-2006, 10:21 PM
are you interested in trading for an 88 CSXT plus cash?

ScottD
03-23-2006, 08:50 AM
I have a sale pending on the car. If it falls through I'll let you know, the buyer is supposed to pick the car up next Wed/Thurs. He's already paid for the car though, so I'm pretty certain it is going to go through, but I never consider anything truly sold until it leaves my driveway.