PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 92 Spirit SE T1 Auto, needs work $600 OBO

jamesmonty
12-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Would like to sell quickly to finance a deal that just came up, but will keep and continue to work on it if not.

1992 Spirit SE T1 Auto
Just North of Cincinnati Ohio (45152)
$600 OBO

Good-
Very clean interior in VG condition. Has all the options, PW, PL, Infinity, overhead compartment thingy, power drivers seat. Seems to run good for as little as I have driven it. Good rubber on all wheels. New radiator. New plugs, rotor and wires.

Bad (please rember the OBO part)-
This is definatly a work in progress, but I will be 100% honest with what is wrong with it.
Body- has a few small dings, and one pretty good siz one on back ds door and rear fender. Bottom of back doors show some rust, but car is not too bad for a Ohio car. Clear coat is starting to go on hood/roof/trunk but paint is still there.

interior- Headliner is starting to sag in the back, ds window has to be pushed down to start but will still go down. Speedo is wack, should only need a speed sensor, but that has been low on my list to fix. Seems like only one speaker works and the others just crackle, another low item on the list.

under the hood- needs a vc gasket (have one on order from local dealer) and needs the alt bushings installed I picked up last night. It squeels pretty good. New radiator is out of a Daytona so it is kinda rigged up, but it is a BRAND NEW radiator less than 1k miles on it. Most of the AC is there, but no belt or condenser.

The transmission- This is the kicker (right in my nuts). I bought the car with a bad transmission. I traded a pretty nice but wore out shadow for a suposed newer re-built transmission from a fellow board member. It is a non-lockup style, where the stock is a lock up style. It also is suposed to have the perf mods done to it. My problem is it's starting to slip really bad, and won't go in 1st manualy. My plan is to drop the pan and adjust the bands, and try to adjust the shift linkage this weekend. I really don't know anything about auto transmissions so I was trying to get a 5-speed for it and stumbled across a whole car. So Come get a cheap project. I'll even throw in the old tranny I took out of it. E-mail me if you want to see it or have any questions. Here are a few picts.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o119/jamesmonty2003/IMGP0373.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o119/jamesmonty2003/IMGP0372.jpg

raccoon
12-04-2007, 01:50 PM
looks like a good deal :)

envyyourethics
12-04-2007, 03:44 PM
The trans is slipping????

(I traded the trans)

Drop the pan and check that shaft i told you of when we did the trade.

What trans fluid did you use???

jamesmonty
12-04-2007, 04:38 PM
The correct Mopar tranny fluid was used (not cheap!). I will drop the pan this weekend and check everything out. I will keep working on it till it sells or is fixed. The only reason I would even consider selling is I have found a REALLY good deal on a car and don't have the cash in hand (christmas +2 kids) to just go buy it. If I can't sell it It will just be parked till it's running again. I really like driving it, it feels like driving a couch compared to the daytona and shadow!

envyyourethics
12-04-2007, 04:42 PM
The torque converter was not a new unit so maybe that was the issue?? It did have low miles though.

Did it feel right when it was working correct?

That shifted like a champ for me.

jamesmonty
12-04-2007, 05:53 PM
That shifted like a champ for me.

Yeah, and I drove that Shadow every day for a year with no issues to. Sometimes stuff happens.

cordes
12-04-2007, 06:53 PM
Having seen this car at palooza, I can say it is well worth the asking price IMO. Bump for a good deal.

jamesmonty
12-10-2007, 08:51 AM
Here are some picts I took this weekend. http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o119/jamesmonty2003/spirit/ .I did drop the pan (looked clean) but it started to rain before I could do anything else to it. I will try and adjust the bands and get it back together to see if it helps with the slipping problems. Sorry but like a dumbazz I forgot to take any undercar shots.

jamesmonty
12-28-2007, 04:15 PM
Updated. I drained it out and adjusted the front band, I'm too chicken to open it up any further! Put a new filter and new fluid in it. It doesn't have the vibration off the start anymore and the slipping is gone. I have drove it to work the past few days and it seems fine now. Only thing I noticed is a little vibration at part throtle shifting into second. If you floor it it shifts perfect! So if I can't sell it I'll just take it to a shop later this year and have it looked at by someone who knows what they are doing. I also replaced the leaking valve cover gasket (Mopar one piece) and striped and re-painted the valve cover flat black. Also sanded the TURBO and the back fins so it looks really nice. Also replaced the alt bushings with stock rubber ones. Since it's running good and I fixed a few things $800 will take it!

envyyourethics
12-28-2007, 11:57 PM
Bump for one of the nicest guys to deal with....