PDA

View Full Version : '87 GLHS Moon Roof

jaxtona
12-03-2007, 10:31 PM
I am on the hunt for a new moon roof seal or complete replacement for my
'87 GLHS. Has anybody out there ever had to repair or replace one?
If so let me know your source or if you have good one for sale off a parted out car.

TurbododgePirate
12-05-2007, 09:57 PM
I am on the hunt for a new moon roof seal or complete replacement for my
'87 GLHS. Has anybody out there ever had to repair or replace one?
If so let me know your source or if you have good one for sale off a parted out car.

Do you want just the seal, or the seal and a good sunroof? And do you mean the rubber seal that seals the glass to the body, or the felt seal that goes around the sunroof?

~~Heath

jaxtona
12-06-2007, 12:16 AM
I just had this car painted and I am looking to replace the complete molding seal or full on sunroof (If the price is right). My existing molding doesn't leak
but the exterior surface of the molding has bad UV damage. Ya think you can help me out?

CUDA_TUGGER
12-06-2007, 07:43 PM
The gasket I was talking to you about has 2 little rips in it when I got it out to take pics.

jaxtona
12-06-2007, 09:00 PM
The gasket I was talking to you about has 2 little rips in it when I got it out to take pics.

How bad are the rips? Would it be much trouble to take picture and send it over? If it is better than the one I got I will probably want it.

TurbododgePirate
12-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Sorry to ask so many questions, but do you mean the light gray moulding that goes on the headliner?

Either way, I have all of the above. What would you like pics of?

jaxtona
12-07-2007, 01:32 AM
Sorry to ask so many questions, but do you mean the light gray moulding that goes on the headliner?

Either way, I have all of the above. What would you like pics of?

I am talking the complete molding assembly. The original one on my car seals
up and doesn't leak, but the exterior part of the molding that is exposed to the elements has cracked and is disintegrating. If you can a send picture of
molding assembly viewed from the top would be great. Thanks so much for
all your help.